PDA

View Full Version : Buy 3rd Gen iPod now, or buy 4th Gen. iPod later?

cjnswim
Jun 8, 2004, 02:12 PM
Okay...so I need all your honest opinions.

I definitely buying an iPod. But sooner or later?

Should I buy a 3rd Gen. now and enjoy it sooner, and risk having the 4th Generation come out in a few months and make my iPod both less desirable, (due to not having the new features), and less valuable if I wanted to re-sell it.

Or!

Wait for the 4th Generations, but risk exactly that, having to wait and wait and wait.

Does anyone know if they will for sure be available this September?

Thanks!

tekno_geek911
Jun 8, 2004, 02:16 PM
I would wait for WWDC,theres a chance the new iPod will have WiFi since Airport Express/Airtunes was announced.

cjnswim
Jun 8, 2004, 02:19 PM
Sorry, what does WWDC stand for?

tekno_geek911
Jun 8, 2004, 02:28 PM
Worldwide Developers Conference

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

cjnswim
Jun 8, 2004, 02:36 PM
Worldwide Developers Conference

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

Okay, thanks! Does this mean that the new iPod may be annouced there?

jxyama
Jun 8, 2004, 02:36 PM
Does anyone know if they will for sure be available this September?
Thanks!

sorry, but no one knows for sure. if we knew, it wouldn't be rumors site.

i'd wait until wwdc, as suggested. i doubt an ipod announcement, but three weeks probably isn't that bad to wait.

if you are going to wait, be ready to wait, wait and wait.

mind you, even if 4th gen is announced, it won't be ready to ship immediately. so you will have a bit more (or much more, if iPod mini is an example) to wait even though you know what you want and are dying to get the new one.

Elan0204
Jun 8, 2004, 04:19 PM
Plus, it is always possible that Apple will simply increase the capacity of the current 3rd generation iPods, and delay the release of a 4th generation iPod even further. The new iPods announced at WWDC, or in September in Paris, or whenever, don't necessarily have to have anything new besides larger hard drives.