PDA

View Full Version : MacBook... lines in screen

Love
Jul 16, 2009, 12:46 AM
I got this on 5 April, and already, it has a problem.

Lines have randomly been appearing throughout the screen, distorting the whole machine and rendering it unusable for several minutes at a time. I've tried PRAM, SMC reset... any suggestions?

Video of problem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Rqz8YGtXk)

upinflames900
Jul 16, 2009, 01:18 AM
Something with your video card maybe?

MacManiac76
Jul 16, 2009, 01:36 AM
Sounds like a job for the Genius Bar.

eman
Jul 16, 2009, 07:55 AM
Take it to Apple.

MarkCooz
Jul 16, 2009, 08:42 AM
I've never actually seen that before, but wow it looks like the same problem i had with my old compaq laptop, but that one was worse, everything got distorted. I think it has something to do with your video cable connecting to the LCD, I may be wrong but something sure is loose.

I would take it to apple, and let them check it out, Plus it's an 09 macbook so i'm sure it's still under warranty...

Love
Aug 5, 2009, 12:24 AM
Took it to Apple on Saturday. They said it would be done by 7PM that evening but I received no call. Gave them until 1:30 PM the next day, with no call. Called them and asked what was going on, as the website said that the machine was ready but I hadn't received a phone call. They said that they couldn't find my machine and he'd ask the genius when they were done their genius meeting. They called back. It needs a new screen, more than just the originally predicted logic board.

It won't be ready for a while.

andalusia
Aug 5, 2009, 12:43 AM
That really did look bad. Sorry about that man, hope you didn't need your machine for work or anything important :3