PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp direct x

SamtheDrummer
Jul 17, 2009, 01:37 PM
Hello,
I've installed Rome total war using the windows 7 rc, but it keeps telling me to install direct x 9. I went on the site and downloaded it but it still says there is no direct x. Can anyone help?
Thanks

Eidorian
Jul 17, 2009, 01:38 PM
Did you install the drivers off of the OS X DVD for the video card?

There might be a compatibility problem with how DirectX 10 is reported back to older software. Have you tried running the game in a compatibility mode?

SamtheDrummer
Jul 17, 2009, 01:49 PM
Oh no I haven't used the os disk. What do I do on it is it obvious?

Eidorian
Jul 17, 2009, 01:53 PM
Oh no I haven't used the os disk. What do I do on it is it obvious?It is set to autorun off of the OS X DVD. If you're running a 64-bit version you're better off exploring the disc and running the Setup in the BootCamp64 folder.

SamtheDrummer
Jul 17, 2009, 02:10 PM
Right sorry to be stupid, but do I use the OS disk or the applications disk?
I tried the OS disk and when I opened it it says install OS X restart system which seemed a bit extreme!

Eidorian
Jul 17, 2009, 02:11 PM
You tried this under Windows right? How are you going to install the drivers for Windows while in OS X? :confused:

SamtheDrummer
Jul 17, 2009, 02:25 PM
OH, I dont know why I was doing it in OS X *slap*
Thankyou :D

SamtheDrummer
Jul 17, 2009, 03:55 PM
I installed the bootcamp drivers, but it still wont work. It just keeps saying this game needs direct x 9 to run :confused:

Eidorian
Jul 17, 2009, 03:58 PM
Is the game patched up? Have you tried running it in a compatibility mode?

SamtheDrummer
Jul 17, 2009, 05:15 PM
Is the game patched up? Have you tried running it in a compatibility mode?

How do I use compatibility mode? I honestly dont understand why it isnt working :confused: