PDA

View Full Version : Disable content ratings like Explicit

Cowboy22
Jul 23, 2009, 01:55 AM
First off let me say that I have searched the forums. I have songs that have the label "Explicit" in red next to the title. I want to get rid of all of these. Most of the answers have this "uncheck Show content ratings in library" but unless I am blind, this is absent in iTunes 8 (currently 8.2.1). I have seen the program "subler" but I don't want to use that because it is complicated and I have a lot of explicit songs. There HAS to be an easier way of doing this. Any help??

ipod-modder9871
Jul 25, 2009, 05:12 PM
:apple::apple::apple::DThis is not possible, at least, I dont think so. If you are annoyed by those then try changing the name and then changing it back. If that doesnt work then you change the name by adding a small unoticeable character like ' or . at the beginning or end.

Cowboy22
Jul 25, 2009, 11:33 PM
:apple::apple::apple::DThis is not possible, at least, I dont think so. If you are annoyed by those then try changing the name and then changing it back. If that doesnt work then you change the name by adding a small unoticeable character like ' or . at the beginning or end.

Didn't work. Did you even try that before suggesting? It's a 2 second process....
Anybody else? PLEASE

I noticed that all the explicit titles were songs that I bought. I tried converting them into another file type (thinking this would delete the purchase info) but this didn't work. Is there a way to delete the purchase information for a song? Should I import it into something else then import to iTunes? :confused:

bozz2006
Jul 27, 2009, 08:03 AM
They're all songs you've purchased from itunes right? I think the reason they do that is so that parents know what their kids are listening to. It might be real hard/impossible to disable that.

pdjudd
Jul 27, 2009, 11:25 AM
I believe the "explicit" tag is not something that can be edited by the end user. Its an invisible flag in the file itself.

Cynicalone
Jul 27, 2009, 11:30 AM
I've seen iTunes do this to CD's I've imported. I don't know how to remove it. I attached an example below, as you can see Lossless files with the "Explicit" warning.

jbcandkc
Jul 27, 2009, 02:40 PM
I read this on another forum and I don't have and explicit songs on my work computer to confirm.
I am running 8.2 and the
iTunes - Preferences - Parental Tab - uncheck "Show content ratings in library" is there

pdjudd
Jul 27, 2009, 02:44 PM
iTunes - Preferences - Parental Tab - uncheck "Show content ratings in library" is there

I don't think that applied to music though... I thought that was for video content

Cynicalone
Jul 27, 2009, 02:56 PM
I read this on another forum and I don't have and explicit songs on my work computer to confirm.
I am running 8.2 and the

That got rid of it. You learn something new everyday. :)

Cowboy22
Jul 27, 2009, 07:16 PM
I am running 8.2 and the

Worked! Thanks!