PDA

View Full Version : G5 and 500 off display, or wait for new displays?


Messedupmikey
Jun 11, 2004, 12:22 PM
I am getting a new 2.5 Ghz G5 BTO and I was wondering if I should go ahead and buy a 23" display and get 500 off, or if I should wait till after WWDC and see what Apple brings to the display market.... Please Help!

MrSugar
Jun 11, 2004, 12:55 PM
I am getting a new 2.5 Ghz G5 BTO and I was wondering if I should go ahead and buy a 23" display and get 500 off, or if I should wait till after WWDC and see what Apple brings to the display market.... Please Help!

I personally would wait... new displays look sweeeeeeeet. :) but if you feel the need for instant gratification, then what can I say?

Windowlicker
Jun 13, 2004, 02:40 PM
500 bucks off the price is a great discount! the new displays can't be that much better as for the technology..

i would go for it! especially if you like the look of the current displays.

QCassidy352
Jun 13, 2004, 02:50 PM
I would wait because odds are the new displays are going to be reduced in price anyway (due to the recent falling prices of LCD components) so you wouldn't really be saving $500 by buying now. But I could be wrong about the new prices, of course.

Chip NoVaMac
Jun 13, 2004, 02:55 PM
I would wait because odds are the new displays are going to be reduced in price anyway (due to the recent falling prices of LCD components) so you wouldn't really be saving $500 by buying now. But I could be wrong about the new prices, of course.

Not sure about Apple, but many other manufactures do rebates like this only to have the replacement item at the "rebated" price. Nikon is famous for this on items they are trying to clear out.