PDA

View Full Version : No Shockwave Support in Firefox?

applemacdude
Jun 12, 2004, 10:46 AM
So i go to candystand.com to have a casual game of pool and use firefox since its faster at rendering pages. When i arrive at the site it says no shockwave plugin. and it asks me to dl. ok so i download and install. try it again. doest work. go to safari and make firefox default browser. i unistall shockwave and reinstall. nothing. so i restart. nothing. whats wrong with this? its a joke that firefox doesnt have shockwave support. its more of a joke that firefox has support in windows and doesnt have support in the mac os....

bhertz
Jun 12, 2004, 11:33 AM
I had some problems when I tried to get shockwave installed also. I was able to get flash installed though. I'm not sure but I thought that flash has all the shockwave features built into it.

applemacdude
Jun 12, 2004, 11:42 AM
Yea i installed flash on it too but alas no shockwave support

applemacdude
Jun 12, 2004, 03:16 PM
ANyone?

MisterMe
Jun 12, 2004, 03:30 PM
So i go to candystand.com to have a casual game of pool and use firefox since its faster at rendering pages. When i arrive at the site it says no shockwave plugin. and it asks me to dl. ok so i download and install. try it again. doest work. go to safari and make firefox default browser. i unistall shockwave and reinstall. nothing. so i restart. nothing. whats wrong with this? its a joke that firefox doesnt have shockwave support. its more of a joke that firefox has support in windows and doesnt have support in the mac os....Works for me.

King Cobra
Jun 12, 2004, 03:36 PM
FireFox also has issues (http://www.thetechpub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=474) with quicktime.

Complain to someone (http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?c=4)

EDIT: *******! They can't even get their forums to work right. MySQL errors all over the place. Go to www.mozilla.org and search for some place to send a bug report.

MisterMe
Jun 12, 2004, 11:46 PM
FireFox also has issues (http://www.thetechpub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=474) with quicktime.

....Works fine for me.

Mav451
Jun 13, 2004, 12:09 AM
Is this an issue about NOT having plugins? Or Firefox, with the appropriate plug-ins installed, STILL not functioning correctly?

On the PC side, the plugins ARE a bit hard to find, but all you need to do is copy/paste them into the Plugins folder. I wonder if the Mac version functions the same way?

MisterMe
Jun 13, 2004, 09:28 AM
Is this an issue about NOT having plugins? Or Firefox, with the appropriate plug-ins installed, STILL not functioning correctly?

On the PC side, the plugins ARE a bit hard to find, but all you need to do is copy/paste them into the Plugins folder. I wonder if the Mac version functions the same way?All MacOS X browsers use the same set of plug-ins. Global plug-ins are stored in Macintosh HD>Library>Internet Plug-ins. There are user-specific plug-ins in {Your Account}>Library>Internet Plug-ins. Browsers-specific problems with plug-ins are highly unlikely because plug-ins are not browser-specific.

King Cobra
Jun 13, 2004, 09:38 AM
I wonder if the Mac version functions the same way?
Period, not a question mark.

When I used Netscape Communicator in OS 9, and it asked me for the plug-in to view a Flash file, I had to install the plug-in view the Flash Player Installer and relaunch the browser. But I think most of today's browsers have plug-ins built into them, as supposed to being referenced in a Plug-ins folder. For instance, if you went into the Plug-ins folder inside of the Mozilla package, you'll see one plug-in, and it isn't Quicktime. And Safari doesn't even have/require a plug-ins folder.

Westside guy
Jul 11, 2004, 02:13 PM
Note that this is about OS X only; on Windows everything is fine.

Flash worked for me in 0.8, but is not working in 0.9.1. "about: plugins" says it's installed - but flash doesn't actually work. Shockwave works though.

But when I want to get my Homestar Runner (http://www.homestarrunner.com/) fix I have to run Safari right now. :(

bousozoku
Jul 11, 2004, 08:25 PM
It's hit or miss lately with plug-ins and Firefox. I've gone back to using Camino for sites which use plug-ins.

TDM21
Jul 11, 2004, 08:53 PM
It could be worse. You could be running Linux, Macromedia doesn't even make a Shockwave plug-in for Linux.

Ryan1524
Jul 11, 2004, 11:02 PM
there is Shockwave for Firefox. i can see flash just find with Firefox. but i use camino instead. FF is quite buggy on the mac.

bousozoku
Aug 4, 2004, 02:42 PM
I just installed Firefox v0.9.3 and Shockwave content still does not work although Flash is fine.