PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Logic Studio

TheAdVenture
Jul 26, 2009, 12:28 PM
Hey guys! I recently purchased Logic Studio (Logic Pro 8) this past monday (20th), 4 days before the release/announcement of the new Logic studio.

My question is since I just bought it, do you think I can some how get the new one with out having to pay the 200 upgrade?

I am new to learning Logic so my other quesiton is, should i worry already about upgrading to the new version?

Thanks in advance!

ChrisA
Jul 26, 2009, 01:05 PM
...I recently purchased Logic Studio (Logic Pro 8) this past monday (20th), 4 days before the release/announcement of the new Logic studio....

You are "new to learning Logic" but that will change shortly. You will want the new version eventually.

Apple many times are a 30 day policy where is the software s upgraeded within 30 dyas you get the new version ether free of for $9.95. Ask someone at Apple.

KILLxTAC
Jul 27, 2009, 08:41 AM
Hey guys! I recently purchased Logic Studio (Logic Pro 8) this past monday (20th), 4 days before the release/announcement of the new Logic studio.

Adventure, I was in the same boat you arein. I purchased Logic Studio a week before the annoucemet. I called my local Apple store, and they told me that since it is Apple branded software, I could return it up to 15 days after my initial purchase or a full refund. Now I dont know if I just caught a manager on a good day, but he didn't even charge me a restocking/repackaging fee. Know this as well. I had already opened, installed and used the serial number for my Logic Studio on my computer, and they still took the return. Hope it will work out for you.

- Cameron

williamfinta
Aug 23, 2009, 06:19 AM
I'm going to buy Logic Pro 9 this week :) and my question is.
Is it possible when I buy an new mac next year to install it on my new mac aswell?
Sorry that i put it here, but I can't seem to find a way to post this as e new post..

Greetings William

salientstimulus
Aug 23, 2009, 12:28 PM
Not sure if this has changed with Logic 9, but the policy with Logic 8 was that you can have it installed on two computers. If they're networked, it supposedly only allows you to use one computer at a time. So I don't think you'll have any problems...

I'm going to buy Logic Pro 9 this week :) and my question is.
Is it possible when I buy an new mac next year to install it on my new mac aswell?
Sorry that i put it here, but I can't seem to find a way to post this as e new post..

Greetings William