PDA

View Full Version : Remove Unibody MacBook scratches?

I-Bot
Jul 28, 2009, 08:58 AM
So I just recently bought the unibody MacBook from somebody and just recently noticed a few scratches on the bottom of the MacBook, now they are not 100% noticeable but I wanted to remove them so does anyone know how to remove the scratches?

miles01110
Jul 28, 2009, 09:59 AM
Buy a new bottom case, file down the entire bottom case and re-powder coat, or live with them. Once scratches are there, you can't remove them. Besides they're on the bottom... what's the problem?

brn2ski00
Jul 28, 2009, 10:03 AM
Brasso

leekohler
Jul 28, 2009, 10:35 AM
Nope- once they're there, that's it.

opinioncircle
Jul 28, 2009, 10:48 AM
Buy a new bottom case, file down the entire bottom case and re-powder coat, or live with them. Once scratches are there, you can't remove them. Besides they're on the bottom... what's the problem?

Well that just seems too easy to me :). Yeah scratches can't be undone...

brn2ski00
Jul 28, 2009, 12:50 PM
Nope- once they're there, that's it.

Lee - brasso will help to remove some surface scratches.

But did the OP do a Google search?!

I-Bot
Jul 28, 2009, 09:36 PM
Yes, I did a google search and didn't come up with much besides some MacBook paint but thats for the Titanium PowerBooks and i'm not sure if IKlear would work but i'm hoping Brasso would if anyone knows where to buy Brasso?

MarkCooz
Jul 29, 2009, 12:08 AM
I really don't want to make a new thread

is there a way to remove Whitebook's scratches on the wrist pad?

core2duo
Jul 29, 2009, 05:16 AM
Easiest way to clean a plastic MacBook's top case is with iKlear and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

Id suspect that Brasso will work on your unibody, but you might want to try it out on an inconspicuous area like the inside of the battery lid (if it's got one). You can buy it at any hardware store, or most grocery stores. Make sure you get the liquid kind.

MarkCooz
Jul 29, 2009, 12:00 PM
Easiest way to clean a plastic MacBook's top case is with iKlear and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

thanks for the info man! I'll try to get one this week, I haven't really heard of iKlear but i'll just get Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser.

brn2ski00
Jul 29, 2009, 12:52 PM
Yes, I did a google search and didn't come up with much besides some MacBook paint but thats for the Titanium PowerBooks and i'm not sure if IKlear would work but i'm hoping Brasso would if anyone knows where to buy Brasso?

when I bought it, I went to the hardware store - I think HD or Lowes would have it.