PDA

View Full Version : Changing my macbook color

shankis
Jul 30, 2009, 03:11 PM
I want to change the color(or case) of my macbook I currently have a 13" white macbook. I wanted to either change it to black or aluminum. does anyone have instructions on how to disassemble the macbook. Also anyone know where i can get a new case?

Thanks

miles01110
Jul 30, 2009, 03:26 PM
You won't be able to change it to Aluminum, because the unibodies have different internals than the whitebooks. Check iFixit for a black macbook outer case and instructions on how to do it.

Burning Radio
Jul 30, 2009, 11:28 PM
Or just get a Speck SeeThru Case. :)

celticpride678
Jul 30, 2009, 11:32 PM
Or just get a Speck SeeThru Case. :)

Exactly. That is what I did. It protects and looks amazing at the same time. Not only Speck, though. Google some other companies for cases and check out some YouTube videos for reviews.

Burning Radio
Jul 30, 2009, 11:45 PM
Exactly. That is what I did. It protects and looks amazing at the same time. Not only Speck, though. Google some other companies for cases and check out some YouTube videos for reviews.

I love my speck SeeThru. I don't see what the problem is with them. It looks great and hasn't had a single problem. I love how on the Aluminum Macbooks you get the glitter from the Aluminum through the color. It almost looks like a car's finish. :D

celticpride678
Jul 30, 2009, 11:52 PM
I love my speck SeeThru. I don't see what the problem is with them. It looks great and hasn't had a single problem. I love how on the Aluminum Macbooks you get the glitter from the Aluminum through the color. It almost looks like a car's finish. :D

I love mine too. Oh, but I have the SeeThru Satin Black. No shine, only a purple Apple logo. Which,might I add, looks sick!:D

MacMini2009
Jul 30, 2009, 11:53 PM
Use a sharpee to color the whole Macbook.

celticpride678
Jul 30, 2009, 11:59 PM
Use a sharpee to color the whole Macbook.

You can go that way too (if you want). Just be careful...:)

Nocturnal22
Jul 31, 2009, 12:40 AM
haha aluminum... silly kids

BlackiBook
Jul 31, 2009, 12:55 AM
I changed the color of my iBook G4 to black... I took it apart and dyed the plastic pieces in boiling water with fabric dye and it turned out a really deep and rich black color with all the shine of the original white... now the problem is I am not sure if that would work with the white macbooks (never got around to trying it with mine before it clunked out) I think they have a completely different plastic make-up... Anyone know if this would work?