PDA

View Full Version : iDvD crashed my mac! Disk is stuck. Drive not recognized????

Peter Rosen
Jun 15, 2004, 02:04 PM
I was attempting to burn a DVD using iDVD 4.01. It looked good and was processing files, so i went to sleep expecting a finish disk to be sticking out of the drive when I awoke. Nothing, not only that but the ALBOOK 15" running 10.3.4 refuses to see the drive, and the disk is stuck in it. I tried everything to get the machine to recognize the drive. I restarted with the mouse down, I created a new user, I zapped the pram. The machine in system profiler, doesn't see the drive and the eject key in no longer recognized and does nothing. Can someone give me a clue how to get the DVD out of the drive?

Also, iDVD is no longer recognizing that I have a superdrive. When I boot the program, an error message incorrectly tells me the machine has no superdrive and I won't be able to record DVDs. I have burned 6 to date with no problem. I revised the data in the DVD I was making a 3rd copy of and all seemed well. I clicked record, the program asked for a recordable disk. I put one in, the machine seemed to be chewing the data just fine, but in the morning. No disk and no drive action (or even acknolowdgement that one exists????).

HELP! :confused:

ChrisFromCanada
Jun 15, 2004, 03:25 PM
The latest version of iDVD appears to be pretty buggy. As for ejecting the CD, isn't there a button in the drive you can acess with a paper clip for an emergency eject? Does anyone know? Are you still getting power to the drive?

abhishekit
Jun 15, 2004, 04:06 PM
restart holding down the mouse button,
if it doesnt work then
restart holding on cmd+option+o+f to get to open firmware
and write 'eject cd'. press enter. it should come out .then write reboot , press enter

hope it works

parrothead
Jun 15, 2004, 04:23 PM
Could it be possible that there is no problem with iDVD and that the problem is with the drive itself? I can easily see a faulty drive causing iDVD to crash and also the whole computer. Keep this in mind if the other fixes discussed above dont work.