PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Music Store problem

wowser
Jun 15, 2004, 02:44 PM
My friend tried to buy Neil Young's version of Blowin in the Win on iTMS (UK). He got the error message:

*There was an error dowloading your purchased music. An unknown error occurred (504).
Use the Check for Purchased Music command in the Advanced menu to try again later.
(OK button)

I think it billed him for the song, and said he could download it later, but he keeps getting the error message. He says "occurred every time since (20x or so) when i follow the instructions in the err msg by clicking Check for Purchase Music in the Advanced menu"

any ideas? thanks

wowser
Jun 15, 2004, 02:53 PM
edit: problem still occurs with new songs

rueyeet
Jun 15, 2004, 04:01 PM
I think your friend should probably contact the support people for the iTunes store and see if they can be any help, and if not, I think I remember the license agreement saying Apple isn't going to let you download anything twice, and aren't responsible for transmission glitches, so he may unfortunately be out of luck. :(

I got one of those once, but didn't write it down and immediately forgot which song. Then, like an idiot, I deleted the email receipt for that set of purchases, which I had meant to compare to my library and see what hadn't downloaded properly. :rolleyes:

wowser
Jun 15, 2004, 04:12 PM
Thanks. I will run this by him - and then wait for his reaction :p

BoneyardBoy
Jun 16, 2004, 05:28 AM
I just this second got that exact same message with a song i tried to download and i'm pretty sure it still billed me so i've just emailed them