PDA

View Full Version : Good deal and is it worth it?

brushedred
Aug 1, 2009, 05:29 PM
So I am on a really limited budget so I am choosing between a used white (early 2008) 2.1ghz 2gb memory 120gb Macbook that I found for $550 or a brand new pc laptop (I dont have any particulars in mind) for around the same price. Is the price I found the macbook for a good deal (it is in good condition and comes with apple care) or should I opt for the pc laptop that is more powerful?

Also, will the macbook at its specs perform well on a 22" external monitor?

kornyboy
Aug 1, 2009, 05:33 PM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

I'd always opt for a good apple laptop over a PC. That being said, the price is pretty good. The laptop probably listed at $999 brand new. AppleCare is a definite plus. Keep in mind I'm a bit biased since I prefer macs over any other platform.

fireman13
Aug 1, 2009, 07:52 PM
Trying to keep an open mind, I would suggest the macbook, if for stability alone. The price seems good assuming as you said it was in good shape. You are one a mac forum so you can see where most everybody here stands.
Good luck with your purchase.

kellen
Aug 2, 2009, 01:04 AM
Sounds good for the macbook.

If you want a PC, get the PC. If you want OS X, get the apple.