PDA

View Full Version : White Macbook Rubber Feet

pica93
Aug 2, 2009, 08:12 AM
Hi,
Has anyone noticed there rubber feet on there macbook wearing down.
Mines less than a year old and its already worn a lot.

Don't worry about the cover bit on the case, thats to to protect it from getting scratched.

As you can see from the photo its worn a fair bit. and now it generally sits on the white plastic not the feet.

Let me know if you have the same experience,

Cheers in advance :D

NewMacbookPlz
Aug 2, 2009, 02:16 PM
I try to avoid sliding my laptop around on surfaces so I can't say I've had an issue with either my G4 iBook or my Unibody. If you tend to do that quite a bit or use rough surfaces that'll wear down the feet alright.

Phatpat
Aug 2, 2009, 02:28 PM
After 3+ years of heavy use, the feet on my white Macbook are quite a bit more worn than that, the ones next to the hinge worse than the others. It doesn't seem to hurt anything though.

pica93
Aug 2, 2009, 03:17 PM
After 3+ years of heavy use, the feet on my white Macbook are quite a bit more worn than that, the ones next to the hinge worse than the others. It doesn't seem to hurt anything though.

Thats ok, i just wanted to check its normal.

I rang apple care up, and they say you actually can't buy the rubber feet by themselves you have to get the whole white bottom case which i thought was stupid :confused:

hndn
Aug 3, 2009, 02:11 AM
I have these rubber feet on, once protected my MB from falling off the chair. I bought it at my school bookstore. I only use the 4 small one.
http://laptoplifts.com/

mr.kite!
Aug 21, 2009, 02:37 PM
I use and really like the "Targus" notebook riser. It's built solid while providing good ventilation. I just move the Targus when adjusting the laptop position and the bottom never touches the surface of the table.

Richard1028
Aug 21, 2009, 04:21 PM
Don't worry about the cover bit on the case, thats to to protect it from getting scratched.I guess you were "protecting" the wrong thing. :D

The first thing I did when I bought my whitebook was to also get a cheap-assed speck case for the top and bottom. As I read these forums I'm so glad I did.

What did Apple say about changing out the bottom case to remedy this? Will they cover this under warranty? (You never say).

bengal85
Aug 21, 2009, 07:48 PM
DUDE dont slide your macbook on anything

tekio
Aug 22, 2009, 08:33 AM
Just checked mine, one of them is starting to wear like that but the rest look normal :confused:

pica93
Aug 23, 2009, 04:23 AM
Just checked mine, one of them is starting to wear like that but the rest look normal :confused:

I am sending my MacBook back soon anyway as I have 90 days warrenty left, and the White is starting to go yellow. Which I have heard is a commen problem and apple will replace it free of charge.

Does anyone know how long apple take to replace it for you????

fabian9
Aug 23, 2009, 09:38 AM
Don't worry about the cover bit on the case, thats to to protect it from getting scratched.

That's probably the only thing I don't like about the Invisible Shields... the fact that they go yellow/reddish after a while!

Fabian

iStudentUK
Aug 23, 2009, 02:22 PM
That is a little worse than those on my White MacBook, but mine is only a few months old. You could never put your laptop down on anything hard... but I suggest just being a little more careful and accept that it is just life.