PDA

View Full Version : 1st Gen iPod 5gb. What do I do with it?

machacker
Aug 4, 2009, 09:00 AM
So I work at a Campus Apple store. Recently someone came into the store and wanted to Recycle an old Powerbook G4 Titanium and an original iPod. Now, the computer it took me a bit to get up and running, but the iPod was perfect. Perfect condition, everything working. No scratches no dents. Nothing.

So now what do I do? A friend is possibly buying the computer. But what should I do with the iPod?

I'm hurting for cash right now, but I also want to make sure I get a good price. I don't have the box, but like I said, the iPod is in GREAT shape. Like new. I look online and stuff and it seemed like those models were collectors items and would sell for decent cash. Is that wrong?

Consultant
Aug 4, 2009, 10:10 AM
Well it's yours, as long as you didn't chuck it in the trash you are recycling it. So I would sell it.

Or you can donate it: smithsonian wants...
http://cultofmac.com/museum-pieces-smithsonian-wants-your-apple-gear/12104

QCassidy352
Aug 4, 2009, 11:22 AM
I don't think it's wrong. Reuse is more environmentally friendly than recycling, and the guy who had them just wanted to get rid of them.

GimmeSlack12
Aug 4, 2009, 11:25 AM
Go to the Collector's forum here and shop it around. Someone will buy it.

machacker
Aug 4, 2009, 11:47 AM
Yeah. I mean I'm not throwing them out. So I suppose I am still honoring his wishes.

So where would I go to sell it though? I don't want to get in trouble here, I know your not allowed to sell outside of the marketplace forum.