PDA

View Full Version : Looking for constructive criticism

mynameisraj
Aug 4, 2009, 12:41 PM
LINK (www.mynameisraj.com)

I posted about my site a while ago but it has recently undergone a series of changes.

I switched over to a CSS framework (I had spent way to much time figuring out the layout with floats) and with that I created a minimalist typography based design.

The main problem I'm having is the typography itself. I don't see it looking too great but I would not like to go the logo route (making a logo is too time-consuming).

I'm also having some other issues:
1) the icons under each post are misaligned.
2) the border on top of the footer is way off.
3) the dotted borders under the small headings end in a weird dot structure.
4) I need of a color scheme to separate the content from the background.

I would love it if I could get some constructive criticism - I really don't need to know what looks good as much as I need to know what looks bad. If you see anything in the source that looks odd, please shout out. Thanks!

LINK (www.mynameisraj.com)

miles01110
Aug 4, 2009, 01:21 PM
-The Tweet tab is kind of cool, but you've also got a twitter thing in the right-hand column. Seems a little redundant. I also don't really like how the tweet tab stays fixed in the middle of the window.

-The main content area seems a little wide to me.

-Post titles are a little small. At first glance, it's a little hard to tell where one post ends and the next begins, since you've got a bunch of links one after the other (the tags, comments, next post title).

-The HTML validator returns 3 errors.

adamfishercox
Aug 5, 2009, 12:22 AM
There's not much of a "design" for me to critique, but I would say add some definition between posts, and I strongly recommend some slightly different backgrounds to differentiate and focus the eye (for instance, a light grey on the sidebar.)

mynameisraj
Aug 5, 2009, 02:32 PM
I have fixed the validation issue and restyled the post titles.

I don't know how to add in a border between posts, so if someone can help me with that on wordpress that would be great.