Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With yesterday's developer seed of the rumored OS X Snow Leopard "Golden Master" (Build 10A432), users with access to the latest version have been examining it for changes. Among the most obvious modifications, as noted by Gear Live, is a change in the install icon from Leopard's "galaxy" image to one portraying a snow leopard. The change likely reveals the art to be included on the physical installation media.

104925-10a432_install_icon.jpg

Image from Gear Live
Brazilian site MacMagazine.com.br also shares [Google translation] several screenshots of the installer application, noting several changes to the installation process when compared to Leopard, including the movement of Rosetta and QuickTime 7 to optional installs. The source also offers a video highlighting the Snow Leopard installer.

Article Link: OS X Snow Leopard 10A432 Installer Tweaks, Public Launch on August 28th?

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
Ugly icon?

Yuck, is that ugly green Apple icon in the video really part of the installer? I hope not.

Edit: Ah I see now in the screenshots that it's only the reviewer's Hard drive icon and it is shown to indicate the drive chosen. Phew :)

Too bad they moved out the Erase and Install option though, I really used that a lot. I know it's in Disk Editor now (and you could always do it anyway by erasing the disk manually in Disk Editor) but it's still more of a bother when doing frequent reinstalls (for experiments)

Ade-iMac-177

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Isn't 28th August a bit soon? how long before october 26th did Apple announce the release date of leopard?

elhungarian

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2009
Even if it is a bit soon I have more faith in Apple to release a decent OS than Micro$oft :D

Yes I'm a PC and I'm running Vista still :rolleyes:

Toe

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2002
Snow indeed

In case you weren't sure what kind of leopard it is... they made sure kitty rolled in the snow for a while before posing for his glamor shot. :)

safasule

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2009
Denmark
An August release would be sweet - and I mean, if it's done, why not just get it out there? There's always 10.6.1 or 10.6.2 :p

Toe

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2002
Apple has a stem?

Is that a stem coming out of the green apple?

Incredibly minor, subtle difference, but it would nonetheless be HUGE for Apple to make even the slightest change to their logo.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Is that a stem coming out of the green apple?

Incredibly minor, subtle difference, but it would nonetheless be HUGE for Apple to make even the slightest change to their logo.

That green apple is just a custom icon that the publisher added - it is not officially from Apple

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Just to clear things up. He's running custom icons, custom Dock, custom Finder window backgrounds, and all that junk on his LEOPARD install. He inserted the Snow Leopard disc to show you what that looked like.

His HDD icon and his Finder Window Backgrounds have that lame green Apple. There's nothing to worry about... Snow Leopard does not look like that.

aardwolf

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2007
Something about that is fishy... I could easily have made a CD cover to look just like that... Whoever did it just used the Snow Leopard wallpaper that is already in the betas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.