Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
Remember, under-promise, over-deliver!

Does Apple ever do that? All other OS'es have been on time, and Leopard was grossly late.

If anything, the rumors always way overestimate new products so they often seem a bit disappointing when they actually come out.

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
Why the hell are they using photos of animals now? Its an operating system, not a nature app, naming it Snow Leopard was bad enough.

Toe

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2002
That green apple is just a custom icon that the publisher added - it is not officially from Apple

Roger that. Thought it was part of the install screen. On closer examination... yeah, my bad. :)

Toe

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2002
How 90's... That looks like something that would have been created using the software that came with the CD Stomper.

Except that it's also a large-size icon. Try doing that in the 90s. :p

aardwolf

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2007
Leopard's space theme was made to highlight its best new feature... Time Machine.

Snow Leopard's theme was made to highlight ITS best new feature: Snow on Leopards? Option to make Leopard white???

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
The earlier the better. I will probably buy it and my friends will want to borrow the install disk.

safasule

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2009
Denmark
Doesn't strike me as the kind of thing Apple would animate, but to be honest I don't care how the installer looks, as long as it installs what I want it to install and the product is good.

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
Even if it is a bit soon I have more faith in Apple to release a decent OS than Micro$oft :D

Yes I'm a PC and I'm running Vista still :rolleyes:

Why rely on faith ? Are you expecting the Spanish Inquisition ? Try Snow Leopard and Windows 7 and make a rational choice between the two.

m3kilpat

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2009
When we install this should we be installing rosetta too? Or even Quicktime 7? I'd assume no since it's not installed by default.

LenrdZelig

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2009
How did he get the cursor / pointer to do that "raindrop" effect when clicking? That's kind of neat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.