PDA

View Full Version : how to fade midi regions in logic?

BeyondMountains
Aug 13, 2009, 10:03 PM
I have no problem using the crossfade tool to fade live audio regions but it wont work for the midi audio i have

GoCubsGo
Aug 13, 2009, 10:24 PM
Okay I could be wrong but if you select the midi region while the inspector is open can you edit the fade in and fade out parameters?

joe.cavers
Aug 14, 2009, 02:04 AM
Press "A" and that will turn the window into Automation Mode. Then you can simply click with the pointer tool (tool 1) and create a slope from a point in the region to the end of the region. You can then use the "Automation Curve Tool" to create an automation curve rather than a straight fade out.

One thing about this approach is that if you move any region within that track, Logic will ask if you want to move the automation data, even if the automation data in question is a straight line.

Hope this helps!
JC

deej999
Aug 15, 2009, 04:53 AM
In Logic 9 you can bounce the region or track in place and then add fades to the regions.

Using track automation is good (you can set up that Logic automatically copies any automation is you move or copy the region in Preferences). I think you can try using Hyper Draw to fade in or out which is region based automation and is always connected with the region.

deej

BeyondMountains
Aug 15, 2009, 01:28 PM
Press "A" and that will turn the window into Automation Mode. Then you can simply click with the pointer tool (tool 1) and create a slope from a point in the region to the end of the region. You can then use the "Automation Curve Tool" to create an automation curve rather than a straight fade out.

One thing about this approach is that if you move any region within that track, Logic will ask if you want to move the automation data, even if the automation data in question is a straight line.

Hope this helps!
JC

duh I forgot about automation, I've been using that throughout my projects but was set on using the cross fade tool for some reason. This will work out good. Thanks.

BeyondMountains
Aug 15, 2009, 01:30 PM
Okay I could be wrong but if you select the midi region while the inspector is open can you edit the fade in and fade out parameters?

I'm not sure where the fade in and fade out parameters are.( I looked the inspector list on the left side.. I'm still learning the program.

deej999
Aug 15, 2009, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure where the fade in and fade out parameters are.( I looked the inspector list on the left side.. I'm still learning the program.

You cannot use the region parameters fade function of the Fade Tool on midi regions. The Region parameters box is in the Inspector on the left. It's the top area:

Select an audio region and it will change so you can change the fade in / fade without using the Fade Tool.