PDA

View Full Version : New iPod Touch 3g and iPod nano 5g cases emerge. LEAK!!!

appleguy123
Aug 14, 2009, 12:25 PM
These came from the Portuguese site Promais which is an Authorized Apple Distributer. They have been taken down as of now.

ob81
Aug 14, 2009, 01:25 PM
Looks sweet. Not sure if I care much about a camera on an iPod, but there is bound to be someone who does. I hope there is some other features that compete with the ZuneHD. A price cut wouldn't hurt either!

appleguy123
Aug 14, 2009, 01:31 PM
Looks sweet. Not sure if I care much about a camera on an iPod, but there is bound to be someone who does. I hope there is some other features that compete with the ZuneHD. A price cut wouldn't hurt either!

I got the 3gS so it doesn't matter to me. But if the ipod touch gets a higher mp and faster processor i'm gonna be mad.

alansmallen
Aug 14, 2009, 01:36 PM
I got the 3gS so it doesn't matter to me. But if the ipod touch gets a higher mp and faster processor i'm gonna be mad.

I doubt that it will. As much as they really want to sell iPod Touches, they want to create a divide between the Touch and the iPhone.

appleguy123
Aug 14, 2009, 01:46 PM
I doubt that it will. As much as they really want to sell iPod Touches, they want to create a divide between the Touch and the iPhone.

The iPod touch 2g had a faster processor than the iPhone 3g and (imo) a better screen.

Mystic Eddy
Aug 14, 2009, 01:47 PM

Were you mad when the 2G touch was released, then? That had a faster processor than the 3G.

Tallest Skil
Aug 14, 2009, 01:48 PM
The iPod touch 2g had a faster processor than the iPhone 3g and (imo) a better screen.

No one notices a faster processor, and the screen was unrecognizably identical.

appleguy123
Aug 14, 2009, 01:48 PM
Were you mad when the 2G touch was released, then? That had a faster processor than the 3G.

read above you next time....

guydude193
Aug 14, 2009, 01:50 PM

Or... Apple could merge the two lines and call them the same thing, which we know they're not. :rolleyes:

Roy Hobbs
Aug 14, 2009, 02:15 PM
Why would the camera have a light next to it like the iSight?

The iPhone camera doesnt so I doubt these would either

dark-saito
Aug 14, 2009, 02:19 PM
Ummm..... Anyone else notice the discrepancy in the placement of the apple logo.....? I like the bottom one more... Just throwing that out there. Also, the top pic has a black backing...? How 'authorized' is the retailer? Lots of people are, but not many are as trustworthy as say.... Griffin, or logitech etc etc.

Vader
Aug 14, 2009, 02:19 PM

The "light" could be a microphone since the iPod Touch and nano don't already have microphones like the iPhone does.

101X
Aug 14, 2009, 02:38 PM
i have heard the 16 GB was selling for $199

TraceyS/FL
Aug 14, 2009, 03:02 PM

Actually, my 13yo daughter was playing a game on her grandpa's 1st gen, then a few weeks later on my new 2nd. She had no clue what the differences were other than the speaker.

I said something about mine being faster than his - she said, well that explains it, i thought it was a lot faster on yours. I think it was the free "Race to Witch Mountain" one....

Anyway, i thought it was interesting that she actually noticed it. She normally doesn't notice things like that.

appleguy123
Aug 14, 2009, 04:11 PM

Then why would you buy a 3gs and I. Can tell you it is noticable

BJB Productions
Aug 14, 2009, 07:05 PM

Not a light, a mic?

leomac08
Aug 14, 2009, 07:54 PM
OMG!!!!!!! umma buy it!!!!!! it looks amazing the ipod touch 3G with camera!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

this is way better than the ZUNE HD,!!! hahahahahaha

appleguy123
Aug 14, 2009, 09:35 PM
OMG!!!!!!! umma buy it!!!!!! it looks amazing the ipod touch 3G with camera!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Are you a 12 year old girl?

leomac08
Aug 14, 2009, 09:38 PM

no, it's just the way I talk when i get excited:D

dark-saito
Aug 14, 2009, 10:03 PM

Dun be a douche :P People that are excited over Apple products are the reason the company is still in business. -high fives leomac-

leomac08
Aug 14, 2009, 10:15 PM
Dun be a douche :P People that are excited over Apple products are the reason the company is still in business. :D-high fives leomac-

High Five- Dark Saito! :D

appleguy123
Aug 14, 2009, 10:23 PM
Dun be a douche :P People that are excited over Apple products are the reason the company is still in business. -high fives leomac-

It was a joke lol. Not an insult to the poster I thought it was more indulging to his comment not an insult. Its hard to tell what people are saying i type :(

sushi
Aug 14, 2009, 10:33 PM
These came from the Portuguese site Promais which is an Authorized Apple Distributer. They have been taken down as of now.
Thanks for the pics.

While the addition of a camera is nice for those who want it, personally, I prefer the current form factor for the touch -- thin and metal.

leomac08
Aug 14, 2009, 10:37 PM
It was a joke lol. Not an insult to the poster I thought it was more indulging to his comment not an insult. Its hard to tell what people are saying i type :(

Most of the things said here are "ambiguous"

Austin2048
Aug 14, 2009, 11:09 PM
dude that looks so awesome. id defiantly trade in my 16 gb second gen for the 15% off or whatever apple does. i need to save up my money though. im not worried about a jailbreak. i think i can do without for awhile with an iPod touch like that

yoyo5280
Aug 14, 2009, 11:14 PM
Maybe its time I stop using my trusty 1st gen nano, and trade in for a new one.

I want an iphone though...

-Omi

Austin2048
Aug 14, 2009, 11:17 PM
i better hold off on gettin a case for my iPod touch. i was gonna get the Neo Touch by SwitchEasy

appleguy123
Aug 14, 2009, 11:42 PM
dude that looks so awesome. id defiantly trade in my 16 gb second gen for the 15% off or whatever apple does. i need to save up my money though. im not worried about a jailbreak. i think i can do without for awhile with an iPod touch like that

sell the ipod you get wawy more than 30-30 $ for it.

Austin2048
Aug 14, 2009, 11:57 PM
sell the ipod you get wawy more than 30-30 $ for it.

thats a better idea. ill sell it for..... 250. gotta fix the cracked screen though. ima see if apple will replace i. i think i can get em to ;)

appleguy123
Aug 15, 2009, 12:27 AM
thats a better idea. ill sell it for..... 250. gotta fix the cracked screen though. ima see if apple will replace i. i think i can get em to ;)

Whats the capacity? Apple doesn't normally replace for user damage?

Austin2048
Aug 15, 2009, 12:49 AM
Whats the capacity? Apple doesn't normally replace for user damage?

its 16 GB. i think i can apple to replace it. maybe pull it apart. unhook somethin. make up a problem ;) ill think of somethin

appleguy123
Aug 15, 2009, 01:36 AM

its 16 GB. i think i can apple to replace it. maybe pull it apart. unhook somethin. make up a problem ;) ill think of somethin

Are the cracks spiderwebbing? That voids the warrantee as effienctly(sorry no spell check on iPhone) As water damage.

Miko
Aug 15, 2009, 01:47 PM
Nice but why are the apple logo's in different spots on the two ipod touch images?

And on both of the ipod touch images around the apple logo is not chrome. Does this mean the new ipod touch will come in black and white also?

appleguy123
Aug 15, 2009, 06:59 PM
Nice but why are the apple logo's in different spots on the two ipod touch images?

And on both of the ipod touch images around the apple logo is not chrome. Does this mean the new ipod touch will come in black and white also?

Well on the gray iPod case it is in the correct spot. That is odd!

tadad1
Aug 15, 2009, 07:56 PM
Well on the gray iPod case it is in the correct spot. That is odd!

I would say they are conceptual design graphics rather than actual final product images, the second one is probably closer to what the product will look like.

ecstasy
Aug 16, 2009, 01:44 PM
How much do you think the new iPod Touch (16GB) would go for?

I'm thinking of selling the 8GB Touch they offer in the BTS deal, and just paying a little more for a 16GB that'll be released soon.

appleguy123
Aug 16, 2009, 06:04 PM
How much do you think the new iPod Touch (16GB) would go for?

I'm thinking of selling the 8GB Touch they offer in the BTS deal, and just paying a little more for a 16GB that'll be released soon.

Probably $229 and it will be the cheapest model. 8gb flash is a dinosuar.

iMrNiceGuy0023
Aug 16, 2009, 11:58 PM
I have a 8GB 3g, 16GB 3GS and a 32GB 1st Gen Touch, I prefer 2 separate devices

after the upgrade to 3.0 on my 1st Gen Touch, its just hell of slow, I think im ready for an external speaker also, so i'll be getting the new Touch when it comes out

appleguy123
Aug 17, 2009, 12:09 AM
I have a 8GB 3g, 16GB 3GS and a 32GB 1st Gen Touch, I prefer 2 separate devices

would you also prefer a medal? For most pointless ownership of apple products. Just kidding.