PDA

View Full Version : iTunes won't let me choose which apps to sync...

cc82793
Aug 15, 2009, 10:32 AM
Ok I recently bought an iPhone 3GS and I am trying to set up my original iPhone as an iPod Touch. I have some apps on the phone, but there are some on my computer I want to transfer. However, when I connect my phone, the option to sync apps is grayed out and it won't sync any apps. So I can't sync any apps. Everything else will sync. Does anyone know what to do?

I'm currently downloading 3.0.1 to see if that fixes the problem. Will that help? If not I'm going to cancel it because it takes forever to download on my computer.

jmann
Aug 15, 2009, 10:37 AM
Make sure iTunes is fully updated, and is the "All applications" or "Selected Applications" circle selected?

cc82793
Aug 15, 2009, 10:41 AM
Make sure iTunes is fully updated, and is the "All applications" or "Selected Applications" circle selected?

Selected applications is circled, but the sync apps button is not and it is grayed out so I can't even click on it. My iPhone 3gs isn't having this problem.

-aggie-
Aug 15, 2009, 10:42 AM
See this link:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1599782

There are a number of reasons talked about there that may be the reason.

jmann
Aug 15, 2009, 10:43 AM
What OS is your iPhone running?

cc82793
Aug 15, 2009, 10:45 AM
What OS is your iPhone running?

It's on 3.0, but I'm installing 3.0.1 to see if that helps. But my 3GS is on 3.0 and syncs apps fine.

See this link:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1599782

There are a number of reasons talked about there that may be the reason.

Thanks. That describes my problem perfectly. I'll check it out and see if there's a solution.

jmann
Aug 15, 2009, 10:46 AM
Does your original iPhone have an active sim card in it, or is it hacktivated? And have you tried downloading Apps from the Apps Store on the actual phone?

cc82793
Aug 15, 2009, 10:48 AM
Does your original iPhone have an active sim card in it, or is it hacktivated? And have you tried downloading Apps from the Apps Store on the actual phone?

My old sim (that came with the iPhone) is in there but it isn't active. Does that have an effect?

And I don't have wifi at my house so no, I haven't been able to download apps right on the phone since I got my new iPhone.

jmann
Aug 15, 2009, 10:50 AM
Maybe swapping the active sim into the old phone, syncing the Apps and then switching it again would work?

cc82793
Aug 15, 2009, 10:51 AM
Maybe swapping the active sim into the old phone, syncing the Apps and then switching it again would work?

I just installed 3.0.1 and now it's working fine.