Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camilletom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Hey everybody.
I was wondering if someone knew what are the odds that a burnt DVD on a mac, containing the music from an iTunes playlist, would not work on a PC running XP. I am moving to another country where I wanna buy a new iPod (since there is probably a september refresh) and I won't have my mac there, so I decided to burn 10Gb of music on 4 DVDs, import the music to a PC of my friend, and transfer the songs to my new iPod.
Is there ANY reason it won't work?

Thanks you in advance, and have a great day :D .

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
It should work perfectly ... are you having problems, or is it a hypothetical question?

camilletom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
hypothetical stuff...
But should I just create a playlist in iTunes, click on burn, and start inserting the DVDs, or should I tell iTunes it's date or whatever (I'm not really familiar with the mp3 vs. date battle ^^) .

ThingM

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2009
If you own toast like i do. there is a mac and pc option that allows you to universally share files from a mac to a pc etc.

The itunes should work with windows cause your just burning songs to a disc not mac only apps etc;)

hope this helps
Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.