PDA

View Full Version : MacRumors IRC Channel

mms
Jun 27, 2004, 07:04 PM
Is there going to be a Macrumors IRC channel during WWDC? If so, how do I get onto it?

vniow
Jun 27, 2004, 07:11 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/06/20030608214842.shtml

MacFan25
Jun 27, 2004, 07:11 PM
MacRumors currently has an IRC chat, which was created last year before WWDC. Info can be found here. (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/06/20030608214842.shtml) But I'm not sure if there will be live coverage of the event in the chat.

Edit: Looks like vniow got it right before me. ;)

applemacdude
Jun 27, 2004, 07:52 PM
Err, who can i cintact to get un banned from the irc chat?

King Cobra
Jun 27, 2004, 09:02 PM
Prob. send arn a specific email regarding the who, what, when, why, and how about the situation. He (or or another mod) does most of the banning there.

themadchemist
Jun 27, 2004, 10:28 PM
Err, who can i cintact to get un banned from the irc chat?

tsk, tsk...has applemacdude been a bad young man...? ;) :p :D

applemacdude
Jun 27, 2004, 10:33 PM
tsk, tsk...has applemacdude been a bad young man...? ;) :p :D

Meh....Lets just say i was influenced to do wrong...damn peer pressure

themadchemist
Jun 27, 2004, 10:36 PM
Meh....Lets just say i was influenced to do wrong...damn peer pressure

damns peers...bastards!

DoFoT9
Mar 23, 2010, 03:18 AM
i really dont need another hobby to wither away my life, but i would love to get into IRC. any good mac ones still around? google is hard to search for these sorts of things :\

no idea how to create an account.

ok ive discovered that the #macrumors IRC server is in "moderated" mode - meaning that nobody can post in it.

i would really like to get this going again, chatting to MR members colloquially would be really cool i reckon! any chance that a mod could update it?

SilentPanda
Mar 23, 2010, 07:25 AM
I don't know who the ops are... plus if you don't need another hobby, why do you want this one brought upon you! :)

I think colloquy is kinda the mIRC of the Mac... been a while since I've been on IRC though.

DoFoT9
Mar 23, 2010, 02:14 PM
I don't know who the ops are... plus if you don't need another hobby, why do you want this one brought upon you! :)

I think colloquy is kinda the mIRC of the Mac... been a while since I've been on IRC though.

Knox (i think thats the creators name-he is a god here) was the creator of it all.

i think it would be great to start this chat going again, its not hard to download the app and there is no registration required. i think it would be great for talking about anything! id be happy to help out a bit with whatever was needed to get it going (apart from coding, i HATE that ;)).

any chance?

Hellhammer
Mar 23, 2010, 02:26 PM
Any way to get this work again? I would help or maybe even do what's needed but I know nothing about programming or coding! Only some simple HTML and CSS stuff. This would be sooo cool, so please, if someone has the skill to make this live again, do it. An article about this on first page would make this super popular! Is it possible to make a new one and make it work?

SilentPanda
Mar 23, 2010, 02:28 PM
It doesn't require any coding to be done. An op just has to go into the channel and turn the moderation flag off.

DoFoT9
Mar 23, 2010, 02:40 PM
Any way to get this work again? I would help or maybe even do what's needed but I know nothing about programming or coding! Only some simple HTML and CSS stuff. This would be sooo cool, so please, if someone has the skill to make this live again, do it. An article about this on first page would make this super popular! Is it possible to make a new one and make it work?
def! on the main page would get it cracking again :)

It doesn't require any coding to be done. An op just has to go into the channel and turn the moderation flag off.
ohh seems pretty easy. the app works fine on SL (written for like PwerPC lol)! im excited

SilentPanda
Mar 23, 2010, 02:45 PM
ohh seems pretty easy. the app works fine on SL (written for like PwerPC lol)! im excited

It is easy. I just don't know who the channel ops are. Just because Knox made the channel doesn't mean he's still an op in there.

DoFoT9
Mar 23, 2010, 03:46 PM
It is easy. I just don't know who the channel ops are. Just because Knox made the channel doesn't mean he's still an op in there.

thats true. but if you are to open up the application and read the status - it says "in moderation mode, set my knox" or something to that accord. if that helps? :confused:

oh.. now it says "set by sparkleytone" this (http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?u=2627) is his profile, he hasnt been online for a while :(

Creative One
Mar 23, 2010, 04:49 PM
Seems that it is working fine, although I only see DoFoT9 in there and he appears to be AFK.

DoFoT9
Mar 23, 2010, 04:54 PM
Seems that it is working fine, although I only see DoFoT9 in there and he appears to be AFK.

im there, just at work so it will take me a while to reply ;)

it does seem to be working though. before when i tried to reply it wouldnt let me :(

nigameash
Mar 23, 2010, 07:40 PM
You can get mirc on the mac though using wine

DoFoT9
Mar 23, 2010, 08:01 PM
You can get mirc on the mac though using wine

ive been chatting away to a user on the macrumors app for IRC. its great! everybody go on ;)

download the app from here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=28954)

Cromulent
Mar 23, 2010, 11:20 PM
download the app from here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=28954)

Or better yet, just use Colloquy.

exabytes18
Mar 23, 2010, 11:44 PM
Just going to throw this out there... this is some serious grave digging.

DoFoT9
Mar 23, 2010, 11:45 PM
Or better yet, just use Colloquy.
how is it better?

cant i just use adium?

Just going to throw this out there... this is some serious grave digging.
;) hehehe. i had a craving for oldddd.

Creative One
Mar 24, 2010, 08:13 PM
Do you Believe in madness?

DoFoT9
Mar 24, 2010, 09:06 PM
Do you Believe in madness?

organised madness!