Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micsaund

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Colorado, USA
Assuming that Jobs does not announce anything to do with a PB15 update tomorrow (Monday), I'll be taking the plunge and ording a PB15 with the upgraded VRAM, 5400 RPM HD, single SODIMM (and popping another 512MB of Crucial in later), 1.5GHz, etc. I was thinking of getting the cheaper PB15 without the larger VRAM, but as I age in life, I am often bitten by the "you shoulda just bought the "good" one to begin with" dilemma (sp?), so this time, I'm going to blow the extra $200 and get the faster/larger memory machine just to be safe (I think... :rolleyes: )

I'll still be keeping my main Winbloze machine for gaming/etc., but I do look forward to having a nicely designed, Unix-based laptop after having the heavy, hot, Dell cheapie Inspiron.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this site for answering my questions and offering input. Hopefully, the (OUCH!) $2400 is well-spent ;)

Mike

EDIT: Oh yeah, I already ordered a Screensavrz tonight, so with $20 on the line already, there's no turning back, right? :D

FuzzyBallz

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Home of Al-Qaida
micsaund said:
EDIT: Oh yeah, I already ordered a Screensavrz tonight, so with $20 on the line already, there's no turning back, right? :D
Best item in the whole package. I should've bought a few more at the MacWorld last time. Discount, no tax, no shipping.

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
You will love it!
I'm a first time switcher (eight days now and counting) with a 17" Powerbook... and a good mate got the 15".

Tis GREAT

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.