Tomorrow is my big day as a semi-switcher!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by micsaund, Jun 27, 2004.

1. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

Assuming that Jobs does not announce anything to do with a PB15 update tomorrow (Monday), I'll be taking the plunge and ording a PB15 with the upgraded VRAM, 5400 RPM HD, single SODIMM (and popping another 512MB of Crucial in later), 1.5GHz, etc. I was thinking of getting the cheaper PB15 without the larger VRAM, but as I age in life, I am often bitten by the "you shoulda just bought the "good" one to begin with" dilemma (sp?), so this time, I'm going to blow the extra $200 and get the faster/larger memory machine just to be safe (I think... :rolleyes: )

I'll still be keeping my main Winbloze machine for gaming/etc., but I do look forward to having a nicely designed, Unix-based laptop after having the heavy, hot, Dell cheapie Inspiron.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this site for answering my questions and offering input. Hopefully, the (OUCH!) $2400 is well-spent ;)

Mike

EDIT: Oh yeah, I already ordered a Screensavrz tonight, so with $20 on the line already, there's no turning back, right? :D

2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Congratulations! You will love your PowerBook......and the screensavrz are great too.

3. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Best item in the whole package. I should've bought a few more at the MacWorld last time. Discount, no tax, no shipping.

4. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

You will love it!
    I'm a first time switcher (eight days now and counting) with a 17" Powerbook... and a good mate got the 15".

Tis GREAT