Tomorrow is my big day as a semi-switcher!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by micsaund, Jun 27, 2004.

1. micsaund macrumors 6502

May 31, 2004
    Colorado, USA
    Assuming that Jobs does not announce anything to do with a PB15 update tomorrow (Monday), I'll be taking the plunge and ording a PB15 with the upgraded VRAM, 5400 RPM HD, single SODIMM (and popping another 512MB of Crucial in later), 1.5GHz, etc. I was thinking of getting the cheaper PB15 without the larger VRAM, but as I age in life, I am often bitten by the "you shoulda just bought the "good" one to begin with" dilemma (sp?), so this time, I'm going to blow the extra $200 and get the faster/larger memory machine just to be safe (I think... :rolleyes: )

I'll still be keeping my main Winbloze machine for gaming/etc., but I do look forward to having a nicely designed, Unix-based laptop after having the heavy, hot, Dell cheapie Inspiron.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this site for answering my questions and offering input. Hopefully, the (OUCH!) $2400 is well-spent ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I already ordered a Screensavrz tonight, so with $20 on the line already, there's no turning back, right? :D
  2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Feb 19, 2003
    Planet Zebes
    Congratulations! You will love your PowerBook......and the screensavrz are great too.
  3. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Home of Al-Qaida
    Best item in the whole package. I should've bought a few more at the MacWorld last time. Discount, no tax, no shipping.
  4. DJY macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2003
    Canberra AUST
    You will love it!
    I'm a first time switcher (eight days now and counting) with a 17" Powerbook... and a good mate got the 15".

Tis GREAT