Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I feel like this is done a lot but here is mine. $60, Wenger, and I get tons of compliments.

Attachments

• A1516327.jpg
    A1516327.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,353

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
I'm still a new user (2 weeks) so I carry it solo or in my incase 17" backpack.

was just going to get a speck hardshell case but those dramatically increase the weight.

itou

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
i'm still awaiting for a good looking one too.
so far, i just use by briefcase.

BoyRacer

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2003
In August 2008 I bought the Marware CEO Milano (see attached photos) for my 17-inch MacBookPro. Carrying the laptop AND the bag back and forth to work every day was doing horrible things to the vertebrate in my spine so in January 2009 I bought a MacBook Air.

The MBA fits in the bag very nicely with loads of space for portable hard drives, USB flash drives, power cables for iPhone, MBA, etc and a sandwich.

The CEO Milano itself is VERY light. When the bag is full it's easily 4 or 5 pounds lighter due to the smaller laptop. The bag is solidly made so the laptop is protected from drops; documents or document folders are not bent/wrinkled/dog eared like they were in my BrentHaven backpack (see attached photos).

I stopped using the backpack because it was too heavy. It also wasn't the best for carrying documents - they got mushed up easily. The backpack is easily 8 years old and looks like new - no apparent wear whatsoever!

The Marware bag is a year old; the only signs of wear are on the bottom (the part that rests on the floor when you lay it down); the leather is not torn or ripped at all - the wear marks are simply scuff marks, like on a pair of shoes. It comes with a shoulder strap - very robust and comfortable but I don't use it.

The CEO Milano has been successful in stopping a long-lived, almost unconscious habit: I no longer keep my eye open for a new, better bag; it suits my needs very well. I no longer ask people about their bags; Its a sad commentary on my life but I no longer have bag envy!

I recommend checking out James Kendrick's posts about the many bags he has tried in his long-term search for the best gear bag - a link to his site is below with other related links.

Good luck!

- Marware CEO Milano page:
- JKontheRun (search: bags)
- LitCentral 3-part article on bags

Attachments

• MarWare-CEOMilano1.jpeg
    MarWare-CEOMilano1.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,349
  • MarWare-CEOMilano2.jpeg
    MarWare-CEOMilano2.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 125
  • MarWare-CEOMilano3.jpeg
    MarWare-CEOMilano3.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 114
  • BrentHaven_1of2.jpg
    BrentHaven_1of2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 102
  • BrentHaven_2of2.jpg
    BrentHaven_2of2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 95

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
my bag....and everything in it...missing the powerbrick of course :p

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 76

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I carried it bare a while, but it's so thin and hard to grip, so I got myself a neoprene sleeve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.