Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. X

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
Im Planning on buying an Ipod around September-October and i was wondering will new Generation be out by then? It wasent At WWDC wo when is the next proboble date for an update?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I think they might..the current ipods have been out for almost a year....Even with the uprgrades...If they do something it will before the Christmas season....Logical thinking... but u never know... If so looks like there might be a 30 gig ipod on ebay... :p

titaniumducky

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2003
Mr. X said:
Im Planning on buying an Ipod around September-October and i was wondering will new Generation be out by then? It wasent At WWDC wo when is the next proboble date for an update?

Oh my God! The new iPods have become so power hungry that they bought October all for themselves? Those greedy pigs!

How do I go about buying a month for myself? What's it cost? :D

Seriously now - the new iPods and iPod Minis will probably come out at MacWorld Paris.

Sabbath

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
London
I am currently thinking Paris expo for the new iPods, and some kind of airport express remote, if the new iPod is not the remote.

I'm unsure on the minis however which is a pain as I really want a mini! they are not even on sale over here, it would be really annoying if we just got them then they updated them. I guess it just depends on the drive technology however.

Mr. X

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
titaniumducky said:
Oh my God! The new iPods have become so power hungry that they bought October all for themselves? Those greedy pigs!

How do I go about buying a month for myself? What's it cost? :D

I dont know what you mean :confused:

Soire

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2004
Garden State
Updates will be within the next couple months, both because they are due and because I broke down and bough a 40 giger two days ago.

If my luck holds true, they will be released sometime next week when mine is delivered. ;)

Calvinatir

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2003
LA
Mr. X said:
I dont know what you mean :confused:

The title of your post is "New IPod's Buy October". You incorrectly used Buy, and used it in the form of a purchase instead of 'by'. He made a joke about your mistake...

javabear90

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Houston, TX
Calvinatir said:
The title of your post is "New IPod's Buy October". You incorrectly used Buy, and used it in the form of a purchase instead of 'by'. He made a joke about your mistake...

hahahahahahahhahah I just realized that, that's awesome, also, Mr. X if you using a mac turn the spell check on in safari, and also proof read your stuff.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
jimjiminyjim said:
If new iPods do come out with wireless capabilities soon, that sure would be incentive to upgrade...

Yeah, plus mine has a bunch of vertical lines of dead pixels on the screen...

btw, does anyone know why these lines would appear? They are all in the middle of the screen, and if I press hard enough on the menu button (which I have to do sometimes, since the button is dying) a bunch of them disappear. I have a 2nd gen 10gb ipod, if that helps...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.