PDA

View Full Version : New Ipod Shuffle

brn2ski00
Sep 2, 2009, 10:06 AM
Does anyone own the new 4GB Shuffle w/ voice commands?!

I have only seen one in the wild, but none for sale in the Marketplace or any refurbs at the Apple Store.

What gives, I love how cool it looks :cool:

alphaod
Sep 2, 2009, 10:41 AM
It looks cool, but I think it sucks in every way.

Annoying to use since you need the Apple headphones… A big [small] mess.

dark-saito
Sep 2, 2009, 10:54 AM
I find it funny how people complain so much about the shuffle. (It's the 3rd gen btw)

It does what it's suppose to, play music without a screen with voice control.

If the earphones bother you, get a 10 dollar warranty on the iPod. That way for a whole year, if you messup your earphones, you can return them without a problem.

I have one, and the only problems I found is the choppiness, awkward inccorect pronunciation, and the randomly accented voice overs. For instance, an artist I listen to covers one of his songs in Japanese. The VoiceOver kit picks this up.

So instead of saying:

"Kai-Sui" (in a Japanese accent) "Sonny" (in accentless English)

It will say:

"Kai-Sui" (in a Japanese accent) "Sonny" (in a Japanese accent)

It's also the problem with a lot of foreign artists. (The German accent voice is freaking hilarious, if anyone wants a quick laugh)

brn2ski00
Sep 2, 2009, 12:59 PM
I find it funny how people complain so much about the shuffle. (It's the 3rd gen btw)

It does what it's suppose to, play music without a screen with voice control.

If the earphones bother you, get a 10 dollar warranty on the iPod. That way for a whole year, if you messup your earphones, you can return them without a problem.

I have one, and the only problems I found is the choppiness, awkward inccorect pronunciation, and the randomly accented voice overs. For instance, an artist I listen to covers one of his songs in Japanese. The VoiceOver kit picks this up.

So instead of saying:

"Kai-Sui" (in a Japanese accent) "Sonny" (in accentless English)

It will say:

"Kai-Sui" (in a Japanese accent) "Sonny" (in a Japanese accent)

It's also the problem with a lot of foreign artists. (The German accent voice is freaking hilarious, if anyone wants a quick laugh)

so I take it you have one?

Dagless
Sep 2, 2009, 01:06 PM
I had one but went back to my 1gb 2G model. It just didn't fit my needs at all. I like the Shuffle for its robustness, but the 3G with its headphone controls makes it feel a little weaker. I much prefer the 2G and when mine dies I'll be hunting for another.

Lorenz0
Sep 2, 2009, 01:23 PM
Small, cheap, Its ideal for the gym.. and for the commute on the days where I know I'm not coming home until I'm gished.

I'd buy one.

Hell, I did

dark-saito
Sep 2, 2009, 03:53 PM
so I take it you have one?

Yessir I do.

BengalDuck
Sep 8, 2009, 07:05 PM
Loved the 2G (used for two years+) and I like the 3G but the headphones are ********. The first pair broke on my very first workout (maybe water/sweat got in it and shorted it?) and my second one (after dealing with Apple sending out and receiving new ones) just broke mid-workout maybe a month after receiving it.

The play/pause button gets stuck, then the volume buttons don't work, and the songs pause/voiceover randomly. so very frustrating.

**** apple's new shuffle. i'll be scouring for a 2G one because my new 3G 4GB ipod is worthless and i'm over these ****** headphones.

brn2ski00
Sep 8, 2009, 07:39 PM
I love the new form factor of the 3rd Generation, but the headphones can take a long walk off a short pier...