Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
I know the title sounds funny, but there is a difference. Audio books are ones that come on CD and when I load them into iTunes, I end up with 2000 tracks that are 2 minutes each. I would love to convert them to Audiobooks, that are 2 or three tracks. I know about the feature when loading a CD that connects several tracks together, but I don't want to use this. What I want is for there to be:

1. Few tracks, that when I take a break, will remember where I am (like audiobooks I purchase online.
2. The resulting tracks to be in the Audiobooks part of the library, not in the music part.

Anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks

macsarethebest

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2009
use itunes and another program...

I use iTunes to join the tracks, then a program called jointogether to join them all together. to get them in to your audiobooks section, left click the song/book and click get info. under options, there is a 'type' sort of option with audiobooks as a choice. I think you can figure it out:p

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
Does this jointogether somehow add the feature where itunes remembers where I left off, if I want to listen to other music or need to restart the computer or something?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.