PDA

View Full Version : AEx Shipping in "3-4 weeks"

JOD8FY
Jul 3, 2004, 05:37 PM
Hello everyone,

I just checked the Apple store online and it said that the Airport Express (AEx) is now shipping in 3-4 weeks. It had previously said that it would ship in "Mid July". Is this considered a delay? I hope not - it seems so many things are delayed this summer. Maybe at least this time they're anticipating a lot of demand and they're bumping up production.

One more thing: Is the AEx going to be available in retail Apple Stores as soon as it starts shipping? I was hoping to pick one up at the store without waiting.

Any info/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JOD8FY

jsw
Jul 3, 2004, 06:24 PM
Unless the AEx turns into another iPod mini - which is possible, at least initially - the stores should have them in reasonable quantities about the time they start shipping.

Dr. Dastardly
Jul 3, 2004, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it turned out like the Ipod mini. This thing is just about perfect. This does not have a broad consumer base as the ipod mini did so I'm not to concerned about that. Can't wait till it comes out.

JOD8FY
Jul 3, 2004, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it turned out like the Ipod mini.

Yea, I was afraid of that. I don't know how many people are planning on buying this thing, but it could be quite a few. Plus, it has that wireless bridging feature, so some people might pick up a few.

I hope Apple learns from their mistakes...

Thanks everyone,
JOD8FY

oreo
Jul 4, 2004, 03:09 PM
I've just checked my order status & it still says 15th July

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jul 4, 2004, 04:32 PM

I wouldn't trust that as mine still says "on or before June 14th"... :(

JOD8FY
Jul 4, 2004, 04:45 PM

Well that's great news! Thanks for the specific info. I wasn't sure if 3-4 weeks meant "August" or "before August". Now, is July 15 the estimated ship date or the estimated delivery date?

Thanks again,
JOD8FY

JOD8FY
Jul 4, 2004, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't trust that as mine still says "on or before June 14th"... :(

June 14??? Was it even introduced then? That's strange, but maybe it's a good sign that it's coming soon :D.

JOD8FY

Sabbath
Jul 4, 2004, 06:50 PM

My estimated ship date is still 15th July too. I can't wait it seems like ages ago I ordered it.

Xenious
Jul 4, 2004, 07:05 PM
I ordered mine shortly after it was posted on the apple store and my order still says "on or before 7/15/2004."

JOD8FY
Jul 7, 2004, 10:18 PM
So do you think that chances are that AEx will be in stores on July 15? I just don't want to end up waiting until the 15, finding out the store doesn't have it, order it online and wait 2 months to get it because it's back ordered. Alright, so maybe that's a little overboard, but still... :D.

Would someone at the store know if they'd get a shipment in? Does Apple usually set aside shipments just for the Apple Stores?

Thanks for any info,
JOD8FY

pounce
Jul 7, 2004, 10:23 PM
my order also still shows the july 15th date. so you'll know in a week.

JOD8FY
Jul 11, 2004, 07:25 PM
I just checked the Apple Store online and saw that they were selling a refurbished AE card for $79. Aren't they the same price new? However, I thought I saw at my local Apple store that they were being sold for $69.

Any thoughts?
JOD8FY

P.S. - AEx still shipping in 3-4 weeks... :confused:

w00tmaster
Jul 11, 2004, 08:29 PM
are due to a major storm which hit Taiwan a week or so ago. Did some pretty significant damage, maybe some of Apple's manufacturing/shipping capabilities were affected by it... :confused: