PDA

View Full Version : A VERY newbie question

markintosh
Jul 4, 2004, 01:38 PM
I'm just about to purchase my first Mac.
I've been a Windows user forever and have gotten used to a few things that I would very much like to take over to the Mac.

Some of the items I've been able to find answers to, so I hope this forum can help me out as I move along.

I really love Microsoft's Natural Keyboards, but I can't find if the Elite will work with the Mac. The Wireless one does, but I can't find any info about the regular wired one. Luckily, my Trackball Explorer will work!!

Also, is anyone running a Mac and a PC through a KVM switch? I'd like to just have one Keyboard/Mouse set.....

Thanks!!

gorman
Jul 4, 2004, 01:48 PM
I use the MS Natural Elite keyboard on my Mac, and it works perfectly. The IntelliType drivers let you set the Windows key to be the Apple/Command key too. Works flawlessly.

I have a friend that uses a KVM setup similar to that, and that works great for him.

You should be good to go :)

jimjiminyjim
Jul 4, 2004, 02:19 PM
A quick post, and, 10 minutes later, your question is answered. MacRumors - all questions answered!

robbieduncan
Jul 4, 2004, 03:04 PM
I thought I'd post some extra KVM data. If possible get a KVM that offers native USB to the clients. I have found that the PS/2->USB convertors do not work very well with Macs. I have a Belkin PRO2 series KVM that works perfectly with my powerbook. It has PS/2 inputs but the outputs are PS/2 or USB. It also has some sort of automatic mapping so the Windows key is the command key without needing any sort of drivers.