Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tovarish22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
Seriously, Apple? The update to the iPod Touch is just shuffling around the prices and sizes?

Really? No camera? No Mic? Nothing?

Nams42

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2009
Not really happy or sad about the ipod touch refresh. Love the faster and bigger, but no camera? Come on... apple needs to get with the program.

vpr

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
Seriously, Apple? The update to the iPod Touch is just shuffling around the prices and sizes?

Really? No camera? No Mic? Nothing?

I feel the exact same way. They [Apple] must not have any fear from the ZuneHD and it's offerings to be so mundane in their non-update.

dcmike

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2009
DC
The 8gb -> 32 gb gap is also very strange. Why not make the first model 16 gig?

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
Must've been because of the problem that was rumored with their cameras..maybe that's why it wasn't announced.

Nams42

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2009
The 8gb -> 32 gb gap is also very strange. Why not make the first model 16 gig?

Right. This is the first time apple has disappointed me BIG TIME. I'm mean come on... why in the world would they not even throw in a few supposed pirks? I'm not even sure I'm going to buy one now.

Tovarish22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
Must've been because of the problem that was rumored with their cameras..maybe that's why it wasn't announced.

So you think they had two Touch models to announce, one with camera and one without, and they just announced the non-camera version?

That seems a bit...wrong.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
I was expecting something mediocre that I would buy, not something terrible that made me regret I didn't buy it a year ago., and question whether even to buy it.

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Perhaps they're trying to keep at least some differences between the iPhone and iPod Touch? dunno

Dale Sorel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
Guess what, there is no 3G! I mentioned this posibility a while back and folks here said "no way, there are ALWAYS new iPods in September!" LMFAO!!!

ajones46

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Monroe, Michigan
I'm also disappointed... almost EVERYONE thought that the Touch would get a camera, but it didn't and the nano did? Seriously...? I'm not upgrading.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I know its not a major update but the graphics have supposedly been upgraded to that of the 3GS, I know not a lot but its something.;)

dcmike

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2009
DC
I was ready to shell out $399 for a 64 gb model. Now I'm seriously thinking of getting a bigger iPod Classic.

Nams42

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2009
The sad thing is that there was a troll who predicted this. A troll for heaven sake.

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada

I'm not sure what kind of use a camera on the touch would have had for me but I'm disappointed to say the least it's not happening. I do find it incredibly odd given the sheer amounts of leaks regarding the camera on the touch that it didn't happen. The cases already in production are the biggest source of confusion, surely they would create a case based on rumors and bring it into production? I know they've been created based on speculation but did those actual make it to production? My feeling is something went seriously wrong during production, although given that the new models are shipping in the next two days it seems a bit quick to revamp a production line of camera-less models. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.