PDA

View Full Version : Do you know how to type iPod models correctly?

ToM-RSC
Sep 10, 2009, 04:45 PM
One thing that I see a lot here is that most people do not know the correct way to type the iPod models.

For example;

iPod touch
iPod nano
iPod classic
iPod shuffle

This really annoys me seeing people spell the model name's second word with a capital first letter. Maybe it's because I'm an iPhone developer, where in Apple's developer's site, it says that if you own a website, you must use the correct spelling, and I've just got used to that? I don't know, but I want to know if you spell it correctly or not, and whether it annoys you.

dejo
Sep 10, 2009, 04:57 PM
Hmm, your examples don't demonstrate any poor spelling though. :confused:

dukebound85
Sep 10, 2009, 04:58 PM
does this really bother you?

life must be good if this is a concern

i like my Ipod (itouch) and my MAC

After G
Sep 10, 2009, 05:00 PM
More like poor capitalization.

It doesn't bother me really - I know what the poster meant when he/she writes "Touch" instead of "touch".

Actual misspelling does bother me though, especially when they misspell a word so it has a different meaning.

ucfgrad93
Sep 10, 2009, 05:14 PM
Doesn't bother me at all.

Melrose
Sep 10, 2009, 05:39 PM
I'll offer a big honkin' "meh"

localoid
Sep 10, 2009, 06:01 PM
... Maybe it's because I'm an iPhone developer, where in Apple's developer's site, it says that if you own a website, you must use the correct spelling, and I've just got used to that? I don't know, but I want to know if you spell it correctly or not, and whether it annoys you.

From the company that invented the "funnest iPod ever" phrase...

STSNorthstar
Sep 12, 2009, 02:37 AM
It's better than the capitalizartion nightmare in the Mac line...

MacBook
MacBook Air
MacBook Pro
iMac
Mac mini
Mac Pro

mini is lowercase but Pro is capitalized? MAke us mini owners feel MORE diminutive....

spillproof
Sep 12, 2009, 02:40 AM
haha, yes, it kind of bugs me too. I try to always spell and cap them correctly.

ziggyonice
Sep 12, 2009, 02:40 AM
I agree -- maybe it's just because I'm OCD, but a few things in the Apple community bug me when it comes to the correct way to name or type out products.

The ones that get to me the most are:
"How do I get my iTouch to..." -- and -- "I need to get my MAC to..."

Ugh! Bugs me! The same thing with the short user name for accounts. I can't stand when it's not capitalized, because then the sidebar in the Finder isn't consistent! :mad:

bruinsrme
Sep 12, 2009, 02:50 AM
Does putting ipod in front change the context of the conversation?
My wife has an itouch while my son and I have the ipod phone.