PDA

View Full Version : What game to buy (ps3)

maflynn
Sep 11, 2009, 01:43 PM
With Bestbuy having a buy 1 game get the second one 50%, I'd like some advice.

I prefer single player games as opposed to the multi player ones, so single player depth is a must. I don't want to spend 60 bucks only to have an extremely short game.

I lean towards FPS games though the new batman game looks interesting. Killzone2 is also grabbing my attention as well. MSG4 being so cheap (30bucks) seems like a no brainer. The last one on my short list is Call of Duty 5 - world at war. I'm toying with the demo version and I'm not overly impressed by it.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

spoon man
Sep 11, 2009, 02:34 PM

I prefer single player games as opposed to the multi player ones, so single player depth is a must. I don't want to spend 60 bucks only to have an extremely short game.

I lean towards FPS games though the new batman game looks interesting. Killzone2 is also grabbing my attention as well. MSG4 being so cheap (30bucks) seems like a no brainer. The last one on my short list is Call of Duty 5 - world at war. I'm toying with the demo version and I'm not overly impressed by it.

I would recommend the new Batman game its really good and maybe red faction guerrilla and killzone 2 and maybe give resident evil 5 a shot.

maflynn
Sep 11, 2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks,
I opted for Batman, and MGS4, I've heard good things from both of them.

While Killzone looked good, I was a little concerned that the single player game may be a tad short. Besides, I figure it will go on sale later this fall/winter as Christmas season rolls around.

spyker3292
Sep 11, 2009, 05:11 PM
You picked some good games. Killzone is great online.

xIGmanIx
Sep 11, 2009, 05:24 PM
I would recommend the new Batman game its really good and maybe red faction guerrilla and killzone 2 and maybe give resident evil 5 a shot.

inFamous
Batman
Little Big Planet
Uncharted - still an amazing game and gets you ready for the new game coming up
Madden10/borderline gamefly

maflynn
Sep 12, 2009, 06:09 AM
I'm looking forward to play with batman tonight, I toyed with MGS4 last night. I had forgotten about the story cut-scenes and how indepth they were. I was reading reviews about this game when it first came out about them, and they've since faded into distant memory.

Regardless, I'm enjoyed the came, though after an hour of playing I only got a little ways into it (thanks to the aforementioned cut-scenes)

I basically got this game for free, because of the 1/2 price sale and BB gift cards so it was a great deal.

I've been reading about batman and how its getting rave reviews so I'm looking forward to spending some time with that game tonight.

Hellhammer
Sep 12, 2009, 06:11 AM
Bioshock is a masterwork. Uncharted is great too but too short

Patriks7
Sep 14, 2009, 09:27 AM

Gotta agree with that! Can't wait for the sequel!

maflynn
Sep 14, 2009, 09:36 AM

I tried the demo of that, and it really didn't grab me too much.

I'm definitely hooked on MGS4, I was planning on taking the shrink wrap off of batman this weekend and play that game, but I'm currently engrossed in MGS4 so batman will have to wait.

spyker3292
Sep 14, 2009, 03:50 PM
I tried the demo of that, and it really didn't grab me too much.

I'm definitely hooked on MGS4, I was planning on taking the shrink wrap off of batman this weekend and play that game, but I'm currently engrossed in MGS4 so batman will have to wait.

Tried Bioshock or Uncharted?

If you didn't try Uncharted, do it! It's great, and the sequel is a month away.

mbopy22
Sep 14, 2009, 04:28 PM

Hi, is that promotion available at their retails stores, or the on line store?

If its on the on line store, could you please point out where? cause I've been looking but can't find any advertisement :confused:

xIGmanIx
Sep 14, 2009, 07:10 PM
the nice thing is, for once for me now in the PS3 days, i have too many great games to play and not enough time in the day. during the height of the PS2, there were just too many games to play. When i first got my PS3, i didn't have jack to play, and now i have too many to play and that is just to get through them the first time, without replaying. Its been a long time coming, but at least its at a point where you have some pretty AAA games out there to play and enjoy the PS3 experiance. the winter holidays this year is going to be big for the PS3 i think. I am just glad there is something "next Gen" that isn't a FPS, i can only take so much of that.

blizaine
Sep 15, 2009, 07:50 AM
I'd go with inFamous and Uncharted. Just download the MGS4 demo from the PSN. It has great graphics and is worth seeing, but the game sucked and is not worth buying.

maflynn
Sep 15, 2009, 01:58 PM
Tried Bioshock or Uncharted?
Sorry, I tried and didn't like Bioshock. Uncharted looks good and it may end up on my short list. I buy games so infrequently that I want to get the most for my money.

60 bucks a pop, you really need to be judicious with what to you buy.

mbopy22
Sep 16, 2009, 03:44 PM
Hi
Could you please answer my question?
That promotion is only on Best Buy retail stores or also in their on line store?

Woz Beard
Sep 16, 2009, 05:49 PM
The promotion was good both online and in stores. Unfortunately, the sale ended 9/12.