PDA

View Full Version : So what colour 5G nano do you own or like?

OutSpoken
Sep 11, 2009, 04:55 PM
Im trying to gage popularity, so far it seems black is the hot favourite.

rgarjr
Sep 11, 2009, 04:58 PM
I dig blue.

http://s2.guide-images.ifixit.com/igi/p4xsDR4Z63tfGwXM.standard

dXTC
Sep 11, 2009, 05:21 PM
I dig blue.

http://s2.guide-images.ifixit.com/igi/p4xsDR4Z63tfGwXM.standard

As do I. In fact, I got my own blue 16Gb one earlier this afternoon, and the following pic describes my sentiment perfectly.

iBookG4user
Sep 11, 2009, 05:23 PM
I've always liked silver the best. The black scroll wheel looks better than the white one IMO :)

three
Sep 11, 2009, 05:25 PM
http://sixpop.com/files/107/nano-green.jpg

I'm liking the green one.

igazza
Sep 11, 2009, 05:44 PM
Green FTW

flyfish29
Sep 11, 2009, 06:03 PM
As do I. In fact, I got my own blue 16Gb one earlier this afternoon, and the following pic describes my sentiment perfectly.

Do you mean "It's Bluetiful!"

I like the yellow one- it looks more Tiger gold (non-metallic) than the last version which was an odd yellow color.

Chundles
Sep 11, 2009, 06:09 PM

I like the yellow one- it looks more Tiger gold (non-metallic) than the last version which was an odd yellow color.

The yellow one was certainly urine-like in colour.

StingerT125
Sep 11, 2009, 07:56 PM
I got the black. I like the black scroll wheels and I already have the silver 4G.

Ice-Cube
Sep 11, 2009, 08:21 PM
Silver for me. Classic and matches my MacBook Pro & iMac

dXTC
Sep 11, 2009, 09:50 PM

tee hee. The lolcat I posted was pre-captioned, so no Bluetiful for me.
(I apologize for jumping the Caturday gun, as it were.)

By the way, I do agree with three and igazza; the green indeed looks nice in person, better than the green 4th gen in my humble opinion. But my personal fave is still the blue. I'm just glad there's a plethora of color choices.

Markleshark
Sep 12, 2009, 12:29 AM
Orange being delivered on Monday. Hurrah.

AppleThis&That
Sep 12, 2009, 01:11 AM
I got the black 16GB model tonight. I love it. I looked at my alternative silver and didn't like it as much. But that's me. The black looks amazing with the new gloss finish they do. Very classy. :D

rgarjr
Sep 12, 2009, 01:16 AM
I'm contemplation on whether to get a blue nano or not, since I have an iPhone 1G.

That's is the really nice feature (and why they sell like hotcakes) about the iphones, that you always have an ipod available to you. Just got to make sure you bring your earphones along.

AppleThis&That
Sep 12, 2009, 01:26 AM
When I get an iPhone next year after my current contract, I don't see myself not using the Nano. IMO, it's the perfect player for workout clubs; small, large capacity (16GB), light, easy interface, and radio (for sports channel, IMO). The iPhone I'd like to protect more in those conditions since it's larger and plus, the music will suck up your batter for calls.

Madhawk
Sep 12, 2009, 08:56 AM
No one likes pink? No females on this forum?...:D

TraceyS/FL
Sep 12, 2009, 09:09 AM
After seeing them in the store yesterday... here are our votes.

Me (mom): Green or Orange - but probably would go with orange if i was getting one

Kids - all girls :D
5yo: Magenta or Purple
10yo: Blue or yellow/gold, and this child HATES yellow, go figure
13yo: Magenta - and she does NOT like pink, purple is her favorite color, so this was a HUGE surprise.

iMJustAGuy
Sep 12, 2009, 10:47 AM
I usually always get the simplistic colors such as silver or black (with anything phones, devices, etc.) but for some reason that red is really turning me on (haha) and that blue is pretty tight also. Oh and contrary to popular belief I really don't think these things are going to scratch that easily (maybe a little easier than last gen though)

Joe-Diver
Sep 12, 2009, 11:05 AM
Bought a black one....It was a tough choice to make: Black or Blue....both look awesome and I stared at both, side by side, for a bit then made my choice.

gan6660
Sep 12, 2009, 01:07 PM
I just ordered the black one!

zap2
Sep 12, 2009, 01:09 PM
Orange or Green....plan to pick up one in the coming week

Kirk
Sep 12, 2009, 02:40 PM
I was thinking about getting a blue, but ended up ordering the grey one. The black scroll wheel is nice. Also like the red and the orange.

opera57
Sep 12, 2009, 02:47 PM
I would have a blue one! Although all the colours seem visually pleasing so wouldn't complain if I got any! http://scottty.com/imgs/signature_silverapple.jpg

chris975d
Sep 12, 2009, 02:51 PM
Bought the green Thursday morning. I love this color green for some reason. I have the 4th gen in orange, so I thought I'd stay away from it this time.

brendanspah764
Sep 12, 2009, 06:09 PM
I plan on getting the Blue Nano. I was considering the green or the Ba-nano (yellow Nano), but once I saw the blue, that is what got me. :D

iGary
Sep 12, 2009, 06:21 PM
I originally ordered a yellow one, but switched to orange.

TwinCities Dan
Sep 12, 2009, 06:25 PM
I ordered a green one for a friend last night. :)

dXTC
Sep 12, 2009, 07:26 PM
I was thinking about getting a blue, but ended up ordering the grey one. The black scroll wheel is nice. Also like the red and the orange.

The silver would have been my second choice. Besides the fact that it would have matched my iMac, silver and black are my second and third favorite colors in general. Not necessarily respectively; it's a photo finish for me, really, and they switch depending on mood. The two really complement each other well on the nano.

LazersGoPEWPEW
Sep 12, 2009, 09:53 PM
Whenever they show up at the NEX on station I'll be picking one up.

Toddgabweg
Sep 12, 2009, 10:10 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L6HE7S/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

had to go with the orange because i am cheap... saved 5%:rolleyes:

LizKat
Sep 12, 2009, 10:42 PM
I voted for yellow. I like that the best but also think the purple, green and orange are hot. Good thing I'm focused on fitting an iPod touch into the budget instead, the decision would make me crazy.

If I do get a nano later, it will be yellow or orange (the anti-winter colors), and it will be in February, when I need some kind of anti-winter shot, big time.

minik
Sep 13, 2009, 12:28 AM
Original iPod nano: black
2nd gen iPod nano: Product (RED)
5th gen iPod nano: orange

Trying to switch it up. However, some colors on the 16GB models were ran out at the local Apple Store.

viccles
Sep 13, 2009, 03:56 AM
Just wondering do the 4g cases fit the 5gs?

kymac
Sep 13, 2009, 04:03 AM
Just wondering do the 4g cases fit the 5gs?

will it fit? yes. but the screen is larger, and the clickwheel has been moved down, so anything with specific openings will not work too well. also the headphone jack and 30pin connector have been reversed. so that also wont work in a cut-out specific case.

viccles
Sep 13, 2009, 04:14 AM
Hmmmmmm. May have to wait until some cases come out. I want to get one with a belt clip. I am undecided on colour though! Liking the blue and green. Guess I'll have to go to the Apple store tomorrow

muldul
Sep 13, 2009, 04:49 AM
The yellow one was certainly urine-like in colour.

:D LOL
I am loving the green, and plan to get it in a few weeks after the initial shock of going back to college (homework :mad:)

viccles
Sep 13, 2009, 02:14 PM
Too many pretty colours! :mad::cool:

three
Sep 13, 2009, 03:30 PM
I'm going to get the green 16GB nano in a couple weeks. I finally thought of a reason why I should buy it. Those reasons are:

The video camera will be perfect for filming my drives, better than my point & shoot.
16GB is 2x my iPod touch, means more music on the go.

OutSpoken
Sep 13, 2009, 04:14 PM
Well, I joined the club today...:) bought a 16gb 5G to replace the 4G i sold...

Me and the mrs were in a bit of a rush, so didnt have time to have a proper gander at the colours, but I have to say the silver still stood out to me... very classy, almost chrome-like and most of all still matches well with my umbp :cool:

Other colours i thought looked nice were red and err.....red.:D anyway off to checkout the new features.

GeekLawyer
Sep 13, 2009, 05:36 PM
I picked up a Blue one today at the Apple store in Jacksonville. It's quite lovely!

sms52
Sep 13, 2009, 06:30 PM
Ordered a black 16gb earlier.

puma1552
Oct 21, 2009, 06:51 PM
Ordered a red one, love it...then decided to replace my crappy green 4th gen 16GB for the gym with another new nano, so I went and got a blue one the other night.

I liked it, but I didn't love it, so I took it back last night and got an orange one and love it.

Autumn colors :D

rgarjr
Oct 21, 2009, 07:17 PM
Old thread but, the Blue one Owns..

puma1552
Oct 21, 2009, 07:20 PM
The blue looked nice and deep and vibrant under a fluorescent light, but under a regular incandescent it took on a very cheap looking shade of blue (IMO), so back it went.

I thought about getting a green one but I was worried it might also look cheap outside the store, so I went with the orange.

Orange and red look a bit upmarket in any light. :)

greygray
Oct 22, 2009, 06:50 AM
16GB Silver.

iPhilPHX
Dec 2, 2009, 07:00 PM
Received my black 5G yesterday (my first iPod). Was torn between it and the blue. Maybe for the next one....