Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Well, to be honest ... 90% of the threads in the "iPhone" Sub-Forum belong in one of the other Sub-forums ( Specifically the Tips, Help and Troubleshooting forum ). Threads in the general "iPhone" category should be general discussion.

If you'd like to be extra picky, even this thread is in the wrong forum and belongs in the "Site and Forum Feedback" forum.

NekoFever

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2005
Plus not everyone's in the US. I've had MMS on my iPhone since the 3.0 release.

excommie

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
They're hacks not hacks in most of the countries where iPhone is available.
Perhaps there should be a subforum called "missing features for AT&T users".

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Well, the threads that were linked were not because they were talking about features that are readily available from their carrier - IE people outside the USA.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
I've moved this thread to the Site & Forum Feedback forum.

If you have a concern about a thread or threads, please use the report feature to flag them appropriately for the moderators.

With that said, these threads do not technically involve jailbreaking iPhones and the processes described simply require updating a legitimate carrier file through iTunes directly without the use of any third-party software. Additionally, they do not invalidate an iPhone's warranty if applied, AFAIK. Given this, they are not hacks that should go in our iPhone Hacks forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.