Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

howard

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2002
many of you may have heard of the induce act, i was reading in the paper about it today. I can hardly believe how ridiculous it sounds. In a very small nutshell it makes companies media software and hardware, liable, if they could be used with illegal downloads. That means the ipod. Check out this site for more information.

http://www.savetheipod.com

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
while i won't say that the law won't get passed, it will never be enforced. legislators don't do their jobs anymore (passing constitutionally sound laws), period, but you can bet your ass a court somewhere will take this law right back off the books, for the sake of constitutionality. So, there's really no chance of the law being enforced, ever.

paul

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
I don't understand this, considering Apple even puts that sticker on their iPods saying "don't steal music" seriously, what are they thinking! Any hard drive could store illegal music, grrr...Seeing this stuff is annoying.

sonyrules

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2001
Ohio
This is another no brainer idea that the RIAA is trying to pass, I dont think our feds are going to pass it (although they have done stupider things)It would cause so many problems. Not to mention make alot of people pissed off...

iBook

macrumors regular
May 3, 2004
On a tugboat
It seems to me that the iPod is a "restricted" device, as is the iTunes software. Apple has contractual agreements with the individual recording labels. Artists are compensated for their work, as are the labels, and Apple does its legal best to stop pirating. The DRM safeguards are real.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.