PDA

View Full Version : Portable Power Adapter Troubles??

iChan
Jul 7, 2004, 02:01 PM
Man, I have had it up to here with the Apple Portable Power Adapters...

They keep crapping out on me!! soooo frustrating and very expensive.

If you have problems with them too, visit my website...

http://emeraldgardens.ie/powerbrick/index.htm

and sign the petition! this is a problem that needs to be sorted out... and fast!

PlaceofDis
Jul 7, 2004, 02:28 PM
im sorry that you have had problems, but im sure if it was an overwhelming problem apple would do something about it. my powerbook adapter has been fine since the day i got it, and my gfs powerbook adapter has had no problems either.

Talk to apple, see if your useage is abmornal than what they intended for the adapter or see if there is some other problem.

wordmunger
Jul 7, 2004, 03:03 PM
im sorry that you have had problems, but im sure if it was an overwhelming problem apple would do something about it. my powerbook adapter has been fine since the day i got it, and my gfs powerbook adapter has had no problems either.

Talk to apple, see if your useage is abmornal than what they intended for the adapter or see if there is some other problem.
I have had one power adapter fail (the old "flying saucer" type), which I replaced a year ago with a new "brick" style adapter. No problems here. Maybe your electric supply there is power-surging? Perhaps you need a better surge protector?

jxyama
Jul 7, 2004, 03:29 PM
my original white brick died, about a year and a few months after i bought my 12" PB.

i sure hope the new one will last longer than a year or so...

knock on wood.

comictimes
Jul 7, 2004, 04:48 PM
My original power adapter died about 7 months after I got my powerbook, and just yesterday my new (3 months old) power adapter died. I get the feeling it may be my computer...

iChan
Jul 7, 2004, 05:18 PM
My original power adapter died about 7 months after I got my powerbook, and just yesterday my new (3 months old) power adapter died. I get the feeling it may be my computer...

it could be your computer i guess... but also highly doubtful.

you should definitely sign the petition.