PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove a unwanted sound from a audio file.

prophet8511
Sep 17, 2009, 11:47 PM
Hello, I cannot find any tutorial on my question. I recorded someone and they bumped the mic stand. How can I remove just that little bump without re recording the whole verse? Im using Logic 8. Sorry if this is a really easy question.

jbennardo
Sep 17, 2009, 11:54 PM
I've not used Logic, but I imagine it's similar....

There should be a tool where you can select just that waveform or area of noise and delete it. If the noise happened over audio you need to keep, then you may be out of luck.

zimv20
Sep 17, 2009, 11:59 PM
they bumped the mic stand.

how many takes did you do?

salientstimulus
Sep 18, 2009, 12:35 AM
It's kind of a last ditch way to do it, but: double click on the audio track, then select the offending sound as selectively as you can in the sample editor window, then 'Functions>Silence'. You'll probably have to play around with it a bit to get it to sound ok, if it's even possible.

Alternatively, you can use the pencil tool (from the mouse menu in the upper right corner) to actually draw the waveform yourself, but yeah, that's not easy.

StephenDaniel
Sep 19, 2009, 10:17 PM
they bumped the mic stand.

Unless you don't have any multiple takes of the recording, I'd suggest maybe trying to EQ it out, if the bump is low enough

Of course if there is nothing going on during the bump, then just automate it out using the volume graph.

bowzer
Sep 23, 2009, 03:02 PM
try using the auto heal tool in adobe soundbooth... or spectrum analyzer and find the sound and turn it down w/o effecting the other sounds

TommyCo
Sep 23, 2009, 09:24 PM
Izotope RX has some scarily amazing algo's for dealing with this sort of thing!

Watch the last 5th of the video. (Spectral Repair)

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/RX/

prophet8511
Sep 23, 2009, 11:20 PM
hey thanks for all the suggestions guys.. im not a logic EXPERT but im fairly knowledgeable.. anyway the bump is during him singing so any silent or muting will be obvious and cut part of the word out.. there has to be a way to mute out some frequency or something but I dont know how to find what freq it is or howto EQ it out... Ill try the Izotope thing and let you guys know..

prophet8511
Sep 24, 2009, 02:17 PM
Ok the Izotope sepctro something lets you do that.. thanks alot would expect anything less here :)