PDA

View Full Version : White iBook RCA cable output

frankinmac
Jul 8, 2004, 11:42 PM
Hi,

I thought I would be a bit sneaky and get around having to buy the special apple mini-VGA to RCA adapter by using the supplied mini-VGA to VGA adapter attached to a VGA to RCA adapter. Such been the nature of sneakiness though, it doesn't work.

I figure that the OEM apple version can't be much more than a couple of wires crossing over, so there can't be a problem there - the video card must be capable of supplying the appropriate image. What I suspect though is that the computer changes the frequency of the image automatically when the OEM apple adapter is inserted. Because I am only inserting the VGA adapter it doesn't know to change it to that required to an RCA output.

Interestingly on the displays menu when I pull out the adapter a whole heap of unavailable resolutions and frequencies flash up on the screen. I can't help but wonder if I could access that list the problem would be solved. Any advice on how to circumvent this problem?

Cheers,

Ed

abhishekit
Jul 9, 2004, 12:19 AM
iBook doesn't even have a mini-dvi port! :confused:
Anyways, the mini-vga to video adaptor is just 20 bucks, buy it..

cheers

frankinmac
Jul 9, 2004, 12:30 AM
As an impoverished student I thought I would give this solution a go - at any rate the part in NZ retails for significantly more than $US20.

Sorry about the blue with the DVI - who knows what was going on in my head!

titaniumducky
Jul 9, 2004, 01:18 AM
As an impoverished student I thought I would give this solution a go - at any rate the part in NZ retails for significantly more than $US20.

Sorry about the blue with the DVI - who knows what was going on in my head!

Both are analog, so it should work... Are you sure both the cables work properly? Have you tested them before?