PDA

View Full Version : HELP! iBook keyboard is weird...

XavierD
Jul 9, 2004, 07:54 AM
The following keys do not respond : backspace, arrows down & left, space bar, Tab. All the others are OK.
What is going on ?
Many many thanks.
XavierD

rdowns
Jul 9, 2004, 05:40 PM
The following keys do not respond : backspace, arrows down & left, space bar, Tab. All the others are OK.
What is going on ?
Many many thanks.
XavierD

No idea but you might try removing the kb (it's simple) and taking a look underneath. Maybe a tear in the ribbon cable or some dust/dirt got inside.

Dr. Dastardly
Jul 9, 2004, 05:52 PM
Are you near an Apple store. I think its going to have to come down to that. :(

fBaran
Jul 9, 2004, 06:19 PM
I have an extra keyboard (100% working) from my G4 iBook 12". If you can't get it fixed at the Apple Store, PM me (that goes for anyone else too 8)).

heyadol
Jul 9, 2004, 06:44 PM
I definitely recommend seeking professional help. Last October my keyboard and powersupply started acting up on my 12'pb. I remember that my G3 pb keyboard just popped right off so i figured i'd do the same thing and investigate. I used my Mr. Burns strength and pretty much broke my keyboard and it ended up costing $650 to repair the logic board and get a new powersupply. Guess I should have been patient but I was pretty far away from an Apple authorized repair option...

XavierD
Jul 10, 2004, 07:30 AM
Folks,
ManyThanksForYourHelp.AsANew"switcher"IWillgotoTheNearestAppleCenterToGetMyiBookRepaired.
TakeCare,
XavierD