HELP! iBook keyboard is weird...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by XavierD, Jul 9, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

The following keys do not respond : backspace, arrows down & left, space bar, Tab. All the others are OK.
    What is going on ?
    Many many thanks.
    XavierD

2. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

No idea but you might try removing the kb (it's simple) and taking a look underneath. Maybe a tear in the ribbon cable or some dust/dirt got inside.

3. macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Are you near an Apple store. I think its going to have to come down to that. :(

4. macrumors regular

I have an extra keyboard (100% working) from my G4 iBook 12". If you can't get it fixed at the Apple Store, PM me (that goes for anyone else too 8)).

5. macrumors member

I definitely recommend seeking professional help. Last October my keyboard and powersupply started acting up on my 12'pb. I remember that my G3 pb keyboard just popped right off so i figured i'd do the same thing and investigate. I used my Mr. Burns strength and pretty much broke my keyboard and it ended up costing $650 to repair the logic board and get a new powersupply. Guess I should have been patient but I was pretty far away from an Apple authorized repair option...

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

THANKS

Folks,
    ManyThanksForYourHelp.AsANew"switcher"IWillgotoTheNearestAppleCenterToGetMyiBookRepaired.
    TakeCare,
    XavierD