1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

HELP! iBook keyboard is weird...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by XavierD, Jul 9, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

The following keys do not respond : backspace, arrows down & left, space bar, Tab. All the others are OK.
    What is going on ?
    Many many thanks.
    XavierD

2. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

No idea but you might try removing the kb (it's simple) and taking a look underneath. Maybe a tear in the ribbon cable or some dust/dirt got inside.

3. macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Are you near an Apple store. I think its going to have to come down to that. :(

4. macrumors regular

I have an extra keyboard (100% working) from my G4 iBook 12". If you can't get it fixed at the Apple Store, PM me (that goes for anyone else too 8)).

5. macrumors member

I definitely recommend seeking professional help. Last October my keyboard and powersupply started acting up on my 12'pb. I remember that my G3 pb keyboard just popped right off so i figured i'd do the same thing and investigate. I used my Mr. Burns strength and pretty much broke my keyboard and it ended up costing $650 to repair the logic board and get a new powersupply. Guess I should have been patient but I was pretty far away from an Apple authorized repair option...

6. macrumors newbie

THANKS

Folks,
    ManyThanksForYourHelp.AsANew"switcher"IWillgotoTheNearestAppleCenterToGetMyiBookRepaired.
    TakeCare,
    XavierD