Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I've convinced my girlfriend into switching to Apple, and I was wondering what would be the best place online for her to buy a brand-spanking new iBook?

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Dr. Dastardly said:
Wouldn't the Apple site be the best bet? Then you can customize it for her specific needs.

true, but for many people, standard configurations are fine and the upgrades wanted are all user-installable. online retailers such as those mentioned are best for getting great prices on closeouts and avoiding state and local sales taxes.

I like smalldog. I've ordered a few things from them and they're great.

netytan

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2004
If you're gonna get an Ibook i have to recoment getting the BlueTooth BTO since its just not something you can add later and maybe a HD update! running out of space can be very restricting! This will also boost the resale value if you ever want to see it. The other things you can add yourself later i.e. more RAM. Anyway, i ordered meGot mine from macmall.com.au

Hope this helps,

Mark.

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
neoelectronaut said:
I've convinced my girlfriend into switching to Apple, and I was wondering what would be the best place online for her to buy a brand-spanking new iBook?

You're probably up to speed on this, but DO NOT order from any of the following: macfanaticshop, macwhiz etc.

Their ads show up on google searches but this "shop" is a proven scam artist.

fenlyn

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2003
Atlanta
Amazon is having an iBook and Powerbook $150 Rebate offer until the end of the month. You could get a decent deal there and not have to pay tax or shipping.

If you prefer an organized list of the affected notebooks, go to my site and click the iBook or Powerbook you want. Make sure it is offered by Amazon and not one of their associated merchants or you won't get the rebate.

Good luck!
Fenlyn

http://gristlepit.com/bradk/apple.shtml

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.