Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

014756-tripcase.jpg

Apple today released three new iPhone commercials, airing them on U.S. prime time television and posting them to the company's iPhone ad gallery. The ads mark a departure from the company's recent theme of highlighting three App Store applications per commercial and instead feature six applications per ad. All three commercials also mention that there are now 75,000 applications available in the App Store.

Dine
- TripCase [App Store, Free]
- New York Subway 09 [App Store, $4.99]
- Epicurious Recipes & Shopping List [App Store, Free]
- Zagat To Go '09 [App Store, $9.99]
- Quickoffice Mobile Office Suite [App Store, $9.99]
- Gap StyleMixer [App Store, Free]

Nature
- iXpenseIt [App Store, $4.99]
- DailyFinance [App Store, Free]
- GuitarToolkit [App Store, $9.99]
- Lonely Planet Mandarin Phrasebook [App Store, $9.99]
- iBird Explorer Plus [App Store, $19.99]
- Pizza Hut [App Store, Free]

Pass
- Fandango [App Store, Free]
- G-Park [App Store, $0.99]
- VocabWiz College Vocabulary [App Store, $4.99]
- 365 Crosswords [App Store, $4.99]
- Classics [App Store, $2.99]
- ABC Animals [App Store, $1.99]

A number of the applications highlighted in the new commercials have been featured in previous ads, including Lonely Planet Mandarin Phrasebook, iBird Explorer Plus, G-Park, and Classics.

Article Link: Apple Releases Three New iPhone Ads: 'Dine', ' Nature', and 'Pass'

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
ABC Animals, wow learning to read on an iPhone. Hello future, goodbye books. Oh and I like the new music.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
well i cant see those videos now but i'm pretty sure they will be played during gossip girl and 90210. Not like i watch those shows...i'm just saying...

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Meh. I wanna see them do other stuff with the commercials besides showcase apps. :)

Honestly, it's the APPS that "make" the iPhone, and really sets it apart from all other smart phones. What other feature does the iPhone have that can't be "beat" by some other phone out there? There are some things, of course, like the best UI experience -- but that's hardly something that's going to "win over" many people. And it's something that can't really be conveyed well in a TV ad anyway (you need to have hands-on experience to really understand...).

Focusing on apps really makes the MOST sense in these ads. No other phone is going to beat Apple at that game...

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Honestly, it's the APPS that "make" the iPhone, and really sets it apart from all other smart phones. What other feature does the iPhone have that can't be "beat" by some other phone out there? There are some things, of course, like the best UI experience -- but that's hardly something that's going to "win over" many people. And it's something that can't really be conveyed well in a TV ad anyway (you need to have hands-on experience to really understand...).

Focusing on apps really makes the MOST sense in these ads. No other phone is going to beat Apple at that game...
+1. Spot on answer.

And they get to show off the UI in the advertisements anyway.

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I really like this set of ads, good music and demonstrations.

Can you believe there are still Apple/iPhone haters out in the world? I wonder what they must be thinking... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.