PDA

View Full Version : AppleTV and Smooth Streaming

Smileyboy
Sep 25, 2009, 01:51 PM
I have a Dlink DIR-615, I have a PS3 and a Wii both connected via wifi all in the same room. I have a Macbook Pro that uses the wifi at times. But I notice that the Appletv stutters quite a bit when streaming from hulu. Is this a Hulu problem or a router problem? thanks..

BORIStheBLADE
Sep 25, 2009, 04:07 PM
If the Atv is running off wireless I would hardwire to the network to single that out first.

Smileyboy
Sep 28, 2009, 12:09 AM
Yep it is hard wired. I have been thinking of getting the Airport Extreme base station. Is there any noticeable difference in speed?

munkees
Sep 28, 2009, 01:12 AM
I run 3 :apple:TV's of an airport express 801.n network, don't have problems. My iTunes Server (iMac running iTunes) is gigabit connected to a gigabit switch which the airport extreme express is wired too.

sanPietro98
Sep 28, 2009, 07:29 AM
It could be the stream between you and Hulu. Streaming inside your house is in a very controlled environment. But Hulu streams come from the internet and are subjected to more packet delays and stream interruptions.

Smileyboy
Sep 28, 2009, 09:14 AM
Ok, Thanks. I think I will look for a Airport Extreme Base Station. Good to know about the 3 Apple TVs.