PDA

View Full Version : IPOD: Songs lost in invisible folders!

amigamoon
Jul 13, 2004, 06:00 AM
After my computer crashed, I had to reinstall everything, including the ipod software & musicmatch. Somehow, when I plugged my ipod in, it separated my songs into these folders named f1-f10 under the ipod's system control folder that I had never seen before. After I ejected ipod and put it back in, I could not even access these folders, the songs just completely disappeared. I know the songs and the folders are still in there because it still takes up the same amount of space, but under its information it says "0 songs."

So I did a bit of research and so I downloaded an ipodripper for Windows, but that failed to show the invisible folders. What else can I do?!?! I've heard of people accessing these files somehow through a terminal or tinkertool, but I'm not sure if they have these for Windows. :confused:

Please help!!!

titaniumducky
Jul 13, 2004, 06:46 AM
After my computer crashed, I had to reinstall everything, including the ipod software & musicmatch. Somehow, when I plugged my ipod in, it separated my songs into these folders named f1-f10 under the ipod's system control folder that I had never seen before. After I ejected ipod and put it back in, I could not even access these folders, the songs just completely disappeared. I know the songs and the folders are still in there because it still takes up the same amount of space, but under its information it says "0 songs."

So I did a bit of research and so I downloaded an ipodripper for Windows, but that failed to show the invisible folders. What else can I do?!?! I've heard of people accessing these files somehow through a terminal or tinkertool, but I'm not sure if they have these for Windows. :confused:

Please help!!!

If you still have the songs on your computer, just use the iPod updater to do a "Restore" on the iPod. Then put the songs on again.

If not, you're probably out of luck; however, you can try turning on the viewing of hidden folders to see if they can still be seen.

methodshop
Jul 13, 2004, 06:49 AM

Please help!!!

here's some tips on how to see those hidden files:
http://www.methodshop.com/mp3/articles/iPodSupport.stm#rippingmusic :o

thejazzman10
Jul 13, 2004, 09:08 AM
ummmm......musicmatch?? switch to iTunes, man.