PDA

View Full Version : Forum Subscription Problems

Celeron
Jul 13, 2004, 10:02 PM
I subscribed to four forums a while back when I joined and now I can't remove those subscripts nor can I add new ones. Whats up with that?

Celeron
Jul 21, 2004, 05:03 PM
What good is this forum if problems go unaddressed?

edesignuk
Jul 22, 2004, 03:18 AM
What good is this forum if problems go unaddressed?If it annoys you then PM one of the mods or arn.

Celeron
Jul 22, 2004, 07:18 AM
Then whats the purpose of this forum?

edesignuk
Jul 22, 2004, 07:43 AM
Then whats the purpose of this forum?I dunno, ask arn...or the mods ;)

Rower_CPU
Jul 22, 2004, 11:24 AM
Then whats the purpose of this forum?

Sorry it took so long for someone to get back to you - we mods/admins have lives outside of MR, you know. ;)

Can you give a little more detail about the issue you're having? I've seen some odd behavior with subscribing to forums (as opposed to threads) in the past.

Celeron
Jul 22, 2004, 11:54 AM
Sure, I have a bunch of forums I've subscribed to. They are listed when I go to the User Control panel. See attached. When I click on the unsubscribe link underneith, I get an error message that says:

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

The unsubscribe links are in the following format:
http://forums.macrumors.com/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&f=54

Do you need any more info?

Rower_CPU
Jul 22, 2004, 11:56 AM
Yup, that's the same thing I've seen - I notified arn a while back, but I'm thinking this is something that we need to wait for the vBulletin folks to sort out with a patch.

Celeron
Jul 22, 2004, 11:59 AM
HardOCP also uses vBullentin for its Hardforums (www.hardforum.com) and I've had no problems with forum subscriptions. I've noticed HardOCP is running 3.0.1 and MR is only running 3.0.0. Maybe this is the problem?

Rower_CPU
Jul 22, 2004, 12:01 PM
That is most likely the problem. I'll PM arn about the update and see if he'll have time anytime soon to apply it.

seamuskrat
Jul 22, 2004, 08:23 PM
I have the same problem. On top of that, I also get subscribed threads that dissappear from my subscription page even though they are still active. It depends on what Mac I logged in under, even though they all have the same account name, etc.

Not a big deal, but I guess I was not the only one experienceing the problem.
Sure, I have a bunch of forums I've subscribed to. They are listed when I go to the User Control panel. See attached. When I click on the unsubscribe link underneith, I get an error message that says:

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

The unsubscribe links are in the following format:
http://forums.macrumors.com/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&f=54

Do you need any more info?