PDA

View Full Version : Logic - mono to stereo

Daniel75
Oct 4, 2009, 07:41 PM
Hello,

I'm getting confused:-) I have two mono tracks which I want to bounce as stereo - but I can't. Can anyone advise me how I can do this? See attachment - two tracks recorded as mono from stereo mic.

Thank you

Dan

Xapphire13
Oct 4, 2009, 10:29 PM
Can you set one to the left speaker and one to the right?

salientstimulus
Oct 4, 2009, 10:50 PM
Use the pan knob in the mixer window. Is that what you're talking about?

Xapphire13
Oct 4, 2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah, because that way you can edit each channel individually anyway

Daniel75
Oct 5, 2009, 07:57 AM
Use the pan knob in the mixer window. Is that what you're talking about?

Hello,

The problem I have is that when I'm trying to bounce it - it bounces "one channel" only. Track one have stereo output and track two is setup same way. I'm getting perfect stereo when listening to this tune through Logic but after bouncing it - I can hear that mp3 contains only Track one.

Help:-)

Thank you

D

Xapphire13
Oct 5, 2009, 08:56 AM
Can't help you any further because I don't have Logic on my mac :(.

salientstimulus
Oct 6, 2009, 12:32 AM
Hello,

The problem I have is that when I'm trying to bounce it - it bounces "one channel" only. Track one have stereo output and track two is setup same way. I'm getting perfect stereo when listening to this tune through Logic but after bouncing it - I can hear that mp3 contains only Track one.

Help:-)

Thank you

D

Are you deselecting all tracks/audio regions before bouncing? That's one of the annoying behaviors of Logic -- it'll only bounce what's selected, unless you have nothing selected.

deej999
Oct 6, 2009, 05:32 AM
Are you deselecting all tracks/audio regions before bouncing? That's one of the annoying behaviors of Logic -- it'll only bounce what's selected, unless you have nothing selected.

This doesn't make a difference here unless you using Solo tool on, then selecting a region solos it and only soloed regions get bounced.

From the OP's picture I think you have Sync mode on in Settings - Sync - General. Turn this off.

Also is the main output panned to one side or the other?

deej

Daniel75
Oct 6, 2009, 07:28 AM
This doesn't make a difference here unless you using Solo tool on, then selecting a region solos it and only soloed regions get bounced.

From the OP's picture I think you have Sync mode on in Settings - Sync - General. Turn this off.

Also is the main output panned to one side or the other?

deej

Thank you so much! It was sync settings:D