PDA

View Full Version : Saving sequence settings in FCP 6

puckhead193
Oct 5, 2009, 01:54 PM
Is there a way to save the sequence settings in FCP 6 so i don't always have to change them or when i drag a clip and it doesn't match click yes to change them?

LethalWolfe
Oct 5, 2009, 02:51 PM
Are you creating custom sequence settings? To change to anyone of Apple's presets just hit command+0, hit the "load sequence preset" button and pick the right setup. It's best to do this before you have any media in the timeline.

Lethal

puckhead193
Oct 5, 2009, 08:52 PM
I cut highlights for sports so my workflow is i create a new project and then find a clip that's good, drag it to the timeline then it asks me do you want the sequence to match the media. i click yes.. after a few clilps i then move to the next game or interview and make a new sequence and i have to do the same steps is really annoying. Can't it just be the default setting? :confused:

bigbossbmb
Oct 5, 2009, 09:08 PM
have you chosen an easy setup? once you do that, those settings will be the default.

puckhead193
Oct 5, 2009, 10:16 PM
have you chosen an easy setup? once you do that, those settings will be the default.

i could do that, it would just be easier if i could make it a default so i can just start a new project and it will all be set up for me :/

bigbossbmb
Oct 6, 2009, 01:59 AM
i'll say it again... when you load an easy setup, it becomes the default...

creating new projects, will keep those same defaults...

load an easy setup ONCE and it will stick