Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you think a new ipod touch w/camera will be introduce, (including new mac's?)

• Yes, (new ipod touch, and new macbook, and new imac)

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No, (no event!)

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • Yes, (new ipod touch, but no new macbook, and imac's)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes (only ipod touch is introduce, no mac's!)

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Do you guys think that apple will release a new ipod touch, with a new macbook (not pro) and imac's?

Rumors have it, there will be an event by Oct 14th. or later...:rolleyes:

Please Vote.;)

(PLEASE IGNORE THE LAST POLL, ITS THE SAME ANSWER AS THE THIRD ONE) my bad...

mackncheese

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2009
No

no they will not make a new ipod touch with camera they just released a new a month ago that is completely unfair to the people who just bought the new ones

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
no they will not make a new ipod touch with camera they just released a new a month ago that is completely unfair to the people who just bought the new ones

I get where you are coming from, but no, it is not unfair.

People knew when the iPod touch was released that there was no camera and no guarantee of a camera. If they bought it, then it must have fit their needs. To complain afterwards if one were introduced would be a bit cry-babyish.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

It is not unfair, it's called business. But iPod Touches will not have a camera in 2009. I rarely say something in such a factual manner, but really? How inane is it to think they'll release one with a camera just because a bunch of winers are pissed that the Touch has no camera?

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I get where you are coming from, but no, it is not unfair.

People knew when the iPod touch was released that there was no camera and no guarantee of a camera. If they bought it, then it must have fit their needs. To complain afterwards if one were introduced would be a bit cry-babyish.

+1..... i agree i almost went to the point of selling my old ipod touch, to but a new one.... and i knew a lot of people who sold their ipod touches to buy a new one w/ camera!, BUT NOO!!!!!:D:p

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
So can we assume the inane poll has everything to do with the fact that you're still tired?

u know how it is in the OC, the 405 drives me nuts.... and i had to park in the 6th floor in uc irvine.... and i am in an office working and soon classes....:D:p

mysticbluebmw

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009

lol, where have you been????

There WILL be a new touch with camera. Cases are already making their way. Signs also point to new imacs in thew near future as well.

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
Huh, the poll is somewhat confusing... No Touch update is coming for October, or even all of 2009...

But, I think we will see an update for a new MacBook, Mini, and iMac within a couple of weeks...

The Touch with a camera won't be here till early 2010, or most assuredly for the 4th gen (Fall 2010). The Fall '09 version will be with us for at least 6 months without an update...

Some people think it is never coming to the Touch, but I would be quite surprised as the Touch would benefit from a camera/video/mic more than this new Nano that came out last month with video, mic & a FM radio... The app store is the biggest incentive for the Touch w/camera...

What about FM radio? ...Will the Touch get that?

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
I rarely used any built-in camera's (BlackBerry Bold, iPhone). If I wanted to take pics, I use my Canon SD1100IS.

Releasing it after a few weeks doesn't make sense since most can just exchange it.

ipodtouch3g

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2009
i think we will see the ipod touch w/camera. on apple's own website, they don't refer to the "new" ipod touch as the 3rd gen. they say it is late 2009. if it is not the 3rd gen, then obviously they are going to release one.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

Agreed. It is highly unlikely that Apple will introduce a new iPod before the new year. I believe they said at the last event that this was their holiday lineup concerning iPods.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Didn't they just update the iPod touch, seems highly unlikely that it will go through any sort of update so soon. While people may bicker about whether the latest update is a true update. I don't think apple will suddenly change course and throw in a camera on the iPod touch so soon.

As for the new MBPs, we'll not see any update until apple has the clarksfield/arrandale chipsets in quantities. Probably not till next year.

iMacs and Minis are the last of apple's products not to get any love, so the odds are higher, especially given the rumors that we may see an update in 2009

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
What about FM radio? ...Will the Touch get that?

Its my understanding that the touch has already had the hardware for some time but it hasn't ever been enabled. It would be interesting if a jailbreak could ever enable it.. or even more interesting if Apple enables it officially.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.