Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heinekev

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2007
I purchased the iSale 3 Family Pack roughly 2 years ago. At the time, this was a 69$ purchase. Recently, it stopped working. I have gone around and around with Equinux support to find resolution.

The software is unusable -- ebay now requires Handling Time to be specified and iSale 3 does not support this functionality. Rather than update iSale 3 to function again (you can't submit an auction at all in it's current state), they force you into a purchased upgrade.

On Oct 7, 2009, at 4:12 AM, iSale Support wrote:

Ticket#: 1077327

Hi Kevin,

thank you for your message. My name is Adrian and I am happy to help.

eBay recently unveiled a "handling time" feature. It allows you to tell your customers
how long you'll need to dispatch their item. At the moment, only iSale 4 and 5 are
compatible with this feature. Now eBay has decided to make this a mandatory requirement
for all auctions.

Unfortunately iSale 3 has proved more difficult to update than iSale 4 and 5, due to
their more modern and more flexible design.

In recognition of this inconvenience, we would like to offer our iSale 3 users a
10USD/EUR discount off an iSale 5 upgrade. To redeem this discount, simply go to
http://my.equinux.com, log in with your equinux ID and password and click the 'upgrade
now' button. You will be taken to the equinux online store where you should see all
available licenses for your product. Enter the following promocode at the checkout.

Promocode: ------------

Kind regards,

Adrian

"Kevin Anderson" <heinekev@mac.com> wrote:

Details:
Version: 3.3.4
Ebay-Website: United States
Ebay-Number: n/a
System: 10.6.x Snow Leopard
CPU: Intel
Type: Technical Support

iSale 3.3.4 refuses to submit auctions with error: handling time now required. I can not set handling time anywhere. What am I doing wrong?

--
Adrian Thomas

-----------------------
Please visit our FAQ page at <http://www.equinux.com/support>
Follow us on Twitter! <http://twitter.com/equinux>

equinux USA, Inc.
100 Produce Ave. Suite L
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Toll free: 1-888-equinux (1-888-3784689)
http://www.equinux.com

-----------------------
Vorstand: Till Schadde - Aufsichtsrat: Stefan Neuenhahn (Vors.)
USt-IdNr.: DE206360115 - Sitz München - HRB München 129700
-----------------------

equinux Aktiengesellschaft
Informationstechnologien
Kirschstraße 35
80999 München - Germany
Tel. +49-89-520465-280
Fax +49-89-520465-299
http://www.equinux.com

So beware, when you purchase iSale it is only a matter of time before it will be dropped from support and future updates, at which point you'll have a useless app.

It's hard to believe that Equinux, whose success is primarily from word of mouth, would give the finger to those who initially supported the company.

This is the last Equinux product I'll ever own.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
So ebay changed some things and this caused problems with your older version of iSale? That older version is no longer supported and you feel you that are owed a free (not just discounted) upgrade? Now you want to sully their reputation? Do I have that right?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
So ebay changed some things and this caused problems with your older version of iSale? That older version is no longer supported and you feel you that are owed a free (not just discounted) upgrade? Now you want to sully their reputation? Do I have that right?

I believe you do.
So my car doesn't park itself like the new Lexus does ... therefore I am entitled to a free upgrade.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I got iSale as part of a macheist offering and I was never able to get iSale working. piece of junk imo

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Well, I don't think it's a big deal for an unsupported version of an application to no longer work. It's basically a client / server relationship, with iSale being the client. If eBay updates the server to no longer work with the client, it's out of there control, and at some point, you need to cut the cord. You're a mac guy - try calling Apple and complaining that the newest version of Safari won't work with your 10.2 installation! :D

Now... all that being said... I do generally agree that iSale is not a very good application. I got it as part of a macheist bundle. I've used it a couple times just to try to get a feel for it, but for me, it's much easier to just list the auction straight from eBay's site.

StrongBad

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2003
I purchased the iSale 3 Family Pack roughly 2 years ago. At the time, this was a 69$ purchase.

$10 of a $39.95 app. How much $$$ did you make in the past two years using their product? I should hope *at least* enough that $29 isn't putting you in debt. Just pony up the cash and sell more crap on ebay to pay for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.